Lip Swatch Sunday: Sephora Midnight Kisses #lipstories Set

Alright- so this was a really nice set from sephora. It comes with 6 full sized Lip Story lipsticks... I think some are limited edition to this set... some are available in the regular line but with different packaging... either way these are cute and I like them.

I love the #lipstories from Sephora because they are a really nice formula. They're pretty comfortable- they don't stay on all day... but they are pretty longwearing for me at least. I wore one today at work and it stayed on until my lunch break pretty much.  I have one other color from the line and I like it but don't reach for it all the time. What I really like about these is the packaging- a Mac Lipstick is great... but it's so hard to tell what color you're looking for because of the packaging. These tell a story with their packaging and that is actually really great. I think a lot of the names don't go with the packaging that they have is cute and holiday themed... but it doesn't make sense with the name of the lipstick... small complaint there... but other than that- I'm happy with the colors and the lipsticks... now lets get into the swatches.

Here we have some bad swatches... I used a selfie light for this and I think this helps it get a little truer to color.

So from Top Down- Landing in Shanghai, Festival Lights, A Little Magic, Celebrate, Golden Gate, Wanderlust.

Landing in Shanghai 

This is like the perfect neutral pink look. Its more pink than just neutral... but I like it and it looks a little shinier here than it does in person I think... maybe there's a little shine in person. It isn't very matte... but I like the color. I think this is probably the one I'll use the most. 

Festival Lights 

This one was the one I wore today... so this is actually the last one I swatched and it might be a little messier looking and a little darker than it is originally. I was impressed with how long this lasted on my lips today, It was very shimmery looking- but it just looked really pretty. I love wearing this type of lipstick with a matte eye look... that way its like matte on the eyes and shimmer on the lips. It's great! 

A Little Magic 

This is a pretty color. I really like this. It's a nice red that isn't too dark. I'm excited to wear this. 

Celebrate 
So this is a nice pink color. I love when lip sets include this color because I do really like this color but I don't always buy this type of color. It's fun though. I'm going to wear this! 

Here we have Golden Gate... which is nice... but this type of dark color in this formula isn't the best... I wish there were a few more neutrals in this... but this is still a good color and I'll wear it. And I'm happy its full sized. 

This is a really dark color and a very creamy lipstick... so that doesn't always work out the best... but it is a pretty color. I think I want to use a lip brush or something with this... it is still good and I love it. 

So overall I'm excited to own this. I think it's a great value because this is 6 full sized lipsticks for $28... whereas if you bought these all individually it would be $48... so it's $20 off! 

So this is amazing and I'm just having fun with using this. I might try to create some looks with these lip colors because I always think it's interesting to do a look focused on lip color. 

Bye! 
-Shannon 



Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this! Honestly I am not sure why they included so many unwearable colors but it always seems to be the case with sets. This set is now on sale for $10. How cheap is that?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment