Back to School Drugstore Make Up Recommendations

I think when you're going back to school and you want to try make up, drugstore is completely the way to go. Most of this stuff I wish they had when I was in high school because there are just so many good longwearing products that you really don't need to spend much money on. 

I'm going to start off with the boring stuff: tools and brushes. I think Real Techniques and Elf are totally the way to go. I have the Real Techniques starter kit, which comes with every eye brush you need for a nice eye look. For face Elf has really good brushes. I love their Small Stipple brush and their Bronzing brush. For Foundation I like using a blender sponge like any beauty blender dupe basically. I'm not someone that will pay $20 for a sponge, but I like the drugstore beauty blender options that they have. 

I also really like the Maybeline Babyskin Primer. It's like 5.99 and it honestly isn't the most wonderous foundation on the planet, but for 5.99 it hydrates, makes the skin look a bit better and I think it makes the staying power last a bit longer too. It does it's job and it does a good job of it. 

For foundation I really think the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous can work for a lot of people. They have a wide color range, it's targeted for Oily Skin, but it isn't completely matte. I have dry skin and the Covergirl Stay Fabulous foundation was just a little too matte for me and it clung to my face. This one looks nice and natural. It also comes with a powder that is super easy to travel with and works great for touch ups. Again not too matte or cakey looking, it works really nicely. 

 I don't have any real concealer loves, I may try the hidden agenda palette from Sonia kashuk soon, but one I like for highlighting is Physicians formula Nude Wear. I don't think it's a total must have, but I really like it and if you want a brightening concealer, this one is great. It is a bit pricey, but I will splurge to an extent to find the perfect concealer because I have yet to find a good one. 

I didn't wear blush in high school, but I have to say my favorites are the Master Glaze blush sticks. It's a cream blush so it's a little more long wearing. They have a lot of really nice shades so there's something for everyone. And it's so easy to apply and then blend out with a brush or something. If you have gym first period, this is really good because it'll stay on.

I also wouldn't totally mess with Bronzer in high school because a lot of girls in my school overdid it and looked like Oompa Loompas... But if you must NYC Sunny is nice and pretty fool proof for bronzing or just warming up the face. And if you want to do highlighter too the Wet N Wild Reserve Your Cabana is super nice, but the packaging totally sucks. Mine broke apart and I have it in a plastic bag now so the powder doesn't go everywhere, but it's a nice subtle highlight. 

I use my Maybeline Color Tattoos pretty much on a daily basis for eyeshadow. These are great for eye primers, they do sometimes crease if you use them by themselves as eyeshadows, but they are gorgeous and will last all day and make any other shadow you put on top of them last all day. I'm so jealous of kids in high school now because these did not exist when I was in school! 

Other single eyeshadows I love are the Loreal infallibles. These last just as long as my Urban Decay Shadows and they're totally beautiful. Easy to get a one shadow look from. I just love these. 

Another eyeshadow mini palette I love from the drugstore are the Rimmel Glam Eyes HD, and particularly the color Brick Lane. I've seen a lot of people do tutorials using Naked Palettes, and you can totally recreate those looks with this palette. It's a really nice small affordable palette, but you can definitely get a lot of looks from it! 

For eyeliner my total hands down favorite is the Rimmel Scandal Eyes. I absolutely love the nude shade for my waterline, but I have a dark blue and a black one also and these are excellent. They can totally be used in the waterline, under the lashline and they just work great. These are quite longwearing also! 

For Mascara I have to go with the Loreal Butterfly and/or the Miss Manga. I can't choose between these mascaras! They both work really well together and alone. They're very wet, so they last quite a long time. They give your lashes a nice shape and they add a lot of volume to them as well! Love these! 

For Lips I think the NYC cityproof twistable lip colors are the most pigmented and easiest to apply from the drugstore. They're super super cheap and they just work so well and they're super easy to use. I really really like these. They have such a nice range of colors too that you can get neutrals or reds or pinks and corals and really just anything you're looking for! 

Also if you want to take an extra step and make sure your make up is set and doesn't look totally cakey or anything, the Nyx Dewey Finish setting spray works really well. It isn't really super "Dewey" so don't be afraid by that, but it does make your face look less cakey and more natural. After having a lot of creams and powders on your face, I think this is a total must have just to set everything in place. And if you have gym I do think it extends the wear of your make up a bit! 

So that is everything! Hope you guys found this helpful! 

BYEEEE! 
-Shannon 

Comments