Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara

Damn that is one long name for a mascara! Seriously, they should try calling it the "L'oreal megalast megaplush ready set gorgeous supercalifragisticexpialidocious f-ing cool mascara." You know, that's what I'm expecting next lol.

Anyway besides the name, this is a good mascara. I love the original Butterfly Mascara and I've really been liking the Miss Manga Mascara as well. I was excited to see this one because I thought that having a double ended brush would maybe do something a little extra to the lashes and it would be awesome and wonderful and it was really good. Overall I do think it gives my lashes a bit more of an intense look than the original Butterfly or even the Miss Manga mascara... but I feel like there are more cons to this than those mascaras.

So it didn't take much to apply it and get the volume I like from Miss Manga along with the shape I like from the Butterfly. It also really separates the lashes really nicely and it looks really really great.

The thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't really layer all that well. It smudges a lot! It isn't something to just put on quickly and then leave, you need a little time in case it smudges at the bottom. It may mess up the rest of your look, its easy to just clean up, but it still happens. It doesn't always look great at the end of the day. There is a bit of panda eye-age and that's kind of not good.

I do actually like it for the lower lashes, I don't usually do my lower lashes, but this wand gives them a nice look that isn't too spidery or anything. It does give a little more smudging and its not something that wears well if you need it to last all day... but gives a nice wand.

I also feel like it makes my lashes feel really gross and look a little gloopy if I apply too much. It's weird because it is so good at separating the lashes... but at the same time it can look gloopy and feel not so great. I think when I'm done with this I may go back to the Maybeline Megaplush, which I liked a lot and it made my lashes not gross or anything. I don't know.


So I like this mascara and I think I might repurchase it once I'm done, but like I said I may be going back to a Maybeline mascara or the Rimmel Rockin Curves or something. Idk it looks amazing and I do like the way my lashes look more than usual... but at the same time there are lots of cons to this mascara too.

Hope this was helpful!

Byee!
-Shannon

P.S. Does anyone else think that Georgia O'Keefe designed the wand of this? Seriously! It looks like a health class diagram of a female reproductive organ and they even made it pink! So weird. Lol.

Comments