Weekly Favorites! 9/12/14

So I did this last week and it was kinda fun... so I thought why not make this a thing! I'm keepin up with the Weekly Favorites for now!

This week I wore lots of drugstore eyeshadows. I wanted to do a faces of the week featuring only Nyx, but then I got that new Maybeline Quad I had in my haul that I had to try out and I didn't take pictures of anything, so I'm not going to have a faces of the week... but I did love that Maybeline Quad called Sandstone Shimmer. Is it the most pigmented? No. But you can get some nice fallish looks out of it that are not unlike a look you can get with the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. If you want great quality, go for the too faced palette... but if you just want a close look for a smaller price- go for this Maybeline one. I'm not sure if its limited edition, but if you can find it grab it!

More than the Maybeline Quad I've been loving 2 drugstore palettes. The Wet N Wild Comfort Zone is the best, pigmented, easy to work with and come up with looks for palette that there is! I love these eyeshadows and I pretty much always do the same look with this... but I still think it can be a pretty versatile palette. There's a lot you can do with 8 eyeshadows and this is easy for beginners because it tells you what to do... and i just love this overall.

Another great palette from the drugstore is the Nyx Wicked Dreams palette. It isn't the most pigmented but damn you get variety with this little palette! There are 24 shades and they are easy to work with and they are a little bit chalky but they're pretty pigmented and can definitely be worked with. It's really compact too and I think the packaging is sturdier than my Naked 3 Palette. Plus this was like $13 I think, and usually you can get it on sale! This is a good palette and if you're looking for a lot of variety with a small price tag, this is a good start.

I also rediscovered my Nyx Stay Blushed blush in Sunkissed Cherry. I think these are only available at certain Wall Marts and I hardly shop at Wall Mart and I've never seen these at mine... but I got this as an influenster voxbox brand badge prize and I was super impressed with it! I hope these come to Target or Wallgreens or Ulta soon because I really like these and I want to see the other shades! It comes in a really small package, but honestly you don't need a lot and they're easy enough to blend out and make look nice and natural.

And I've been liking my Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation with my Benefit Porefessional Primer. I have been getting slightly oily with this because it gets hot around my school, but it doesn't look terribly oily or anything. It just turns slightly dewey looking and after using the powder that goes along with it, it looks really great and natural.

For lippies I've rediscovered my NYC cityproof twistable lip colors... I need to pick up more of these at target because these are 1) Really pigmented 2) Easy to put on 3) Good to travel with and 4) Comfortable on the lips. I feel like I talked about these last week, but I'm talking about them again. These are the tits. Pick them up!

And this week I've been wearing the Orchard Bath and Body Works scent quite a bit. I love it, my dog loves it! It lasts for quite some time. It's a good spray.

So I think that is it. Quite an exciting week again. Idk when I'll have weekly favorites, or if I really will keep up with them, but for right now I like doing these and will keep up with it!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments