Style Saturday: Transition it to fall!

I love all my summer tank tops and t shirts and things like that, but transitioning it to fall used to be really tough for me. I think I've found a pretty fool proof way to do it, and this is simple but its something I didn't think of before. I don't have any pictures for examples, but this will work with just about everything you own.

T-Shirts and Tank Tops 

Step 1: Wear Jeans instead of shorts- In the summertime everyone wears shorts, but when it gets colder, you need a pair of jeans to go along with it! I always get excited for jeans season, who likes how they look in shorts? Lol. Jeans are a must.

Step 2: Put on a sweater- A cardigan just adds something extra in my opinion. It gives a nice pop of color to any outfit, it'll keep you warm on colder days and it just adds something extra in my opinion. When I talked about my American Eagle haul, I mentioned I bought two cardigans, it was for this very reason. I love the look of a cardigan over something.

Jackets work well also! I have a leather jacket and a leather and denim jacket that I bought recently that I'm definitely going to put to good use this fall. It isn't quite cold enough for them here yet, but once it will, I'll be very happy I have them!

Step 3: Accessorize differently- I wear a lot of scarves toward the beginning of summer, but then it usually gets too hot and I forget about them. This is the time I really like to get good use of my scarves. I have ones from New York and Company (probably most of them), Forever 21, Cotton on, and a few from American Eagle and Target. They're good for adding a pop of color and a nice pattern to a shirt. Plus they're all lightweight and just feel comfy.

Also if you're into it, Beanies are cute and still really in. I have a few different colors and styles. I just got 2 recently that I like a lot.

Step 4: Change your footwear- Although right now you can still wear sandals and stuff because its still hot, flats are good for right now too! I've been wearing flats a lot cause now that I go to school I walk a bit more and flats are better for walking then sandals.

Also its not quite cold enough yet but boots are always cute when it gets colder! I'm a huge fan of uggs particularly, which is not everyone's style... but they do have cute sparkly ones and pretty knee high ones.

Dresses

For dresses I recommend the same things. Wear a sweater if you want. If you want to dress it down a bit you could totally put a flannel shirt on and use that as a jacket, or you could do a leather or denim jacket. For footwear I think knee high socks and boots look super cute with it. And if you wanted to add a pop of color, scarves would be great if you wanted to dress it down you could totally wear a beanie. There are lots of possibilities here.

That is it for my Style Saturday.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments