How To-sday- Back To School Makeup: Simple All Drugstore Look w/ Bold Lip and L'oreal La Palette Nude 1

Heyyy so with back to school coming up, I'm gonna try to do some drugstore looks and stuff like that.I know its still July and I get bummed out when they start back to school stuff early... but there are so many drugstore palettes and looks now I want to do a lot of these looks, so I'm starting early! Man the drugstore is a lot better than when I was in school!


Today I used the La Palette Nude 1 for my eye look... so yeah.

First off I used the Covergirl Outlast All Day Primer. This is my second time using it and so far so good. I think it'll last throughout PE. Lol. I used to wear nice make up to school and eventually I gave up because I had gym first thing in the morning :(. I also got this in a $5 Target Beauty Box... idk if these are super pricey or not... but honestly I like mostly drugstore primers anyway. So... yeah. If you want a primer collection or something from the drugstore, let me know. Lol.

I used the Maybeline Superstay Better Skin Foundation. This is sort of a medium coverage foundation with an almost dewy finish. I'm using this cause my skin is dry right now... I know a lot of times when you're younger, you tend to have more oily skin, so this might not be the best thing to use... but its good and so far it works well with the Outlast primer. I also used the Maybeline better skin concealer, which is really good. You could even just use the concealer on its own if you don't have time. Its really nice.

To prime my eyes I'm trying something different. There are lots of great cream shadows from the drugstore that can be used as primers... but I have trouble with the staying power of the L'oreal Palettes on my lids. If you can get a small size or a sample of the Urban Decay Primer Potion, get that thats the only thing that really works for me... but today I'm using the same concealer and then I'm putting a translucent setting powder on top, mine is from Elf, their under eye powder... and that works as a primer.

Now for the fun part, I'm going into the La Palette Nude palette and I'm putting shade 2 all over my lids. (I'm just saying the numbers of the shadows since they don't have names.) Then I am taking a small crease brush, the one that comes in the palette is really good for the crease. I used one from Ulta that came for free in a gift with purchase bag,  you want something small and precise but also kinda fluffy and I put 5 in my crease. There are so many matte browns in this palette, its easy to use any one of them, I just liked 5. And I darkened the outer edge of my eye but just dabbing 7 on the outer corner. This didn't show up that great, but it kind of made everything look like one effect. Then I went in with 1 to highlight my brow bone.

I don't personally fill in my brows or anything because I like my natural brows, sometimes I'll brush through them, sometimes I'll use a dark matte brown shadow... but most of the time I don't do anything. Brows are super important for some people... I know Nyx has some good ones and Leighannesays usually does really nice, easy drugstore brow routines, so check her channel out!

I put on Ulta's Amped Lashes Volume and defububg... Defining... I thought the typo was funny so I left it in there for you guys lol. Defububg... and I used Rimmel's Scandal Eyes liner in nude for liner... I've had this for forever and it still works! Just warm it with your fingers or a blowdryer before using it. Lol.

Also I forgot to mention the rest of my face makeup. I used Milani's Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose... this was my first time using this and I lovvvvvveeee it! Its amazing. I also used the Elf Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls. You don't need to highlight for school and I didn't wear blush until... my senior year of college I believe... lol. But its a good simple understated blush thats easy to use. And the highlighter is enough but not too much, highlighting is super in right now, so I know a lot of girls, or guys or whoever,  might really like it.

I also used the Pixi Glow Mist to help blend the foundation. I used a sponge and wet it with that and that helped me blend it out. And I sprayed it with the Infallible setting spray to set it in place. I didn't powder cause my skin has been so dry, but a powder would also help.

And I put on Maybeline's Vivid lipstick in Vivid Rose on my lips... this is definitely bolder than I'd go for school... lol I just got this lipstick and I wanted to try it out and I like it... so yeah.

This might take a little while to get ready in the morning, but you can skip steps. I pretty much only did foundation, concealer and powder in high school... but it didn't take me long. Plus it could work for a dance or if you're going out on a weekend or after school or something.

Or if you're like me and you don't go to school... this is still a good everyday look with some good drugstore products that are still pretty trendy. So thats good! I'm 23 and I think this look could work for anyone any time of year... maybe minus the lip... lol.

Side Note: I actually tested this outside in my pool... I know hard work right? Everything still looks good. Foundation may have broken down a little, but nothing really noticeable... which means that Covergirl Primer is kind of amazing. Lol. I know this foundation isn't break-up proof. My blush is still visible, highlight definitely noticeable. Liner and Mascara are good. Lipstick surprisingly still on.The dark parts and crease color on my eye makeup is a little less noticeable, but the lid color is still there... so this is pretty PE proof! I'll probably powder my forehead and cheeks, I just use Covergirls Ready Set Gorgeous Powder... you could even just dab off the oil if you have no powder.

Nothing claimed to be waterproof or longwearing except the foundation, concealer, primer and the l'oreal spray... so thats pretty cool that everything else held up well too. I'm super impressed with the lipstick because I drank coffee and everything and its still on! I think I even had a snack... so thats nice to know! I think I'll have more back to school drugstore looks just cause I like doing them and its fun to see what lasts and stuff... so look out for those! I'll probably have a cruelty free one for cruelty free week... and yeah!


Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments