Lipsticks of The Week + Empties

Sooo this is a weird post because I'm going to do like a faces of the week, but focusing it mostly on lip products... and I'm also including a few empites as kind of a B-B-B-BONUS thing because... why not? Lol. I don't love doing long empties posts and I was going to start just doing short posts once and a while as a bonus post for the day... but since I have like 3 things, I just thought I'd talk about them all here cause why not.

Also why am I focusing on lipsticks and not just doing a faces of the week? I started the Elf Play Beautifully 7 days 7 lips challenge because you get a free Elf Lipstick if you complete it, plus you can get other rewards to... so thats what I decided to do. And... yeah. I kind of realized the benefits of changing up your lip looks and how confident it can make you. Plus its fun to see what color goes with what look and... I just have really been having a fun time with it. Plus I have pics for them all... so might as well.

Lipsticks of the Week 


Day 1: Too Faced Melted Peony 

So I didn't really know what to do to start with. I had a pretty neutral eye I believe and I was wearing orange, so I didn't want to do a bold lip or anything. This is a pretty bright pink color, but its still neutral enough that it goes with anything. This is one that I highly recommend from the Too Faced Melted line because cool toned pinks really look good on everyone and they're still a fun pop of color, but they're kind of still on the neutral side.



Day 2: Buxum Shannon 

This lipgloss is my holy grail... mostly because of the color... but it doesn't hurt that its also my name! The color is this gorgeous gorgeous light purple. I'm in love with the Buxum glosses, and this one has to be my fave... and Im like halfway done with it! Lol.


Day 3: Elf Moisturizing Lipstick in Ravishing Rose 

I thought it might be a good idea to pick up a few elf lipsticks for this challenge... lol. I don't think its needed, but I like Elf a lot as a brand and I wanted to try this formula and I thought this would be a really good time to give it a go and see how I like it. And... I liked the formula a lot. Lol. I ordered some colors online and picked some up in target. This one I wanted online, but it was out of stock... but they had it at target, so I snagged it. Really dig this color, its very on trend right now. And its sort of deep but still neutral. Love it!


Day 4: Maybeline Rebel Bloom Tangy Tulip 
I've gone over this a lot, but this is such a pretty orange lipstick. I'm not an orange lipstick fan... but this one my friend got me and she knows how things are going to look on me better than I do, so I trust her with my make up life... and this is one of those things that is just awesome. This was the moment where I started to feel more confident because this is quite a bold color that I never thought I'd wear... and I thought I was pulling it off. And I posted it to the world, and here I am talking about it again, so thats pretty awesome.



Day 5: Elf Moisturizing Lipstick in Coral Cutie 

These lipsticks are amazing! They feel really moisturizing, but they don't feel like a lip balm at all. Its so weird! They smell really nice and apply like a dream. And this color is sooo soo pretty. Its a more pinky orange and it is a coral, so its still orange... but totally wearable for anyone uncomfortable with oranges. This again, I felt really confident. Doing this challenge also made me try to put some make up on this week... and I wasn't doing anything in particular, but I liked the way my make up looked and I felt really good about it... See what just a lipstick can do? Lol.


Day 6: Maybeline Color Blur in My My Magenta 
This was the boldest look so far! I love this color, this one I haven't actually worn yet even! I didn't really do anything today besides go to costco... but it was fun to sport a bright purple lip the whole day. And yes, these stay on all day without going anywhere... and they don't dry out at all, so do recommend. I was going to get one the other day and I didn't... probably should have. Another one I mean, these might be my favorite drugstore lipstick other than the Elf Moisturizing ones! So pretty, long wearing and fun for summer!



Day 7: Elf Moisturizing Lipstick in Rosey Go Round 

I didn't actually wear this lipstick all day, I didn't even wear make up today cause I just got my hair done and I don't like wearing make up when I get it done because I'm afraid its going to wash off or something. Lol. But I put this on just for the selfie and I love it. Its so pink and so bright and the formula of these is one of my favorite formulas of any lipstick. And I'm not a huge drugstore lipstick fan... but now I'm trying more and liking a lot more drugstore formulas. Idk. Its really been fun!
also I got my hair done... so it looks awesome! Lol.  Empties 

Ulta Shower Smoothie in Easter Eggs- I mentioned this in my last empties because I was pretty much done with it. Loved the smell, loved that it was in a small travel sized bottle... it takes me a while to go through a large one, so the travel sizes are good for me! And I love that this had a formula that was consistent with the other formulas of the shower smoothies. It was no different than a larger sized one, so that is good.

Ulta Shower Smoothie in Salted Caramel- I got this around Christmas... and i love it. I hope they bring it back next Christmas because I was seriously savoring this one till now. Lol. Only 6 months to go! Lol. The amount of product you get in these shower smoothies is a lot. They come with pumps... not the greatest pumps in the world... but it still really helps. Its a moisturizing formula, again on par with all others I've tried from them. It isn't worse because its LTD or anything. And the smell was really unique and really nice. Also they have been making their pumps a little better because the ones on this and the other Christmas one I have are quite strong! They've stepped up their game with these without raising the price! Really pretty cool.

Ulta Amped Lashes Mascara- Didn't realize these were all Ulta products... but I think they have a great brand. This I just decided to throw out because it wasn't quite as good as it used to be. It doesn't feel the same, and I have a back up of this... so I didn't really think this was 100% necessary to keep around. Definitely one of my favorite mascaras... if they have a sale, stock up on these because they are quite awesome and they are pricey... but Ulta's brand goes on sale sooo much! I love this and I'm glad I already had a back up. Lol.

Hope this was fun and it encourages you to try different lipsticks and play with color some more and... yeah. And I just thought why not do empties in here too!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments