Review: Becca products from Ulta Kit

Heyyyy so I recently got a kit from Ulta with some products from Becca Cosmetics. I've always wanted to try Becca, but its so expensive I've never actually tried it... but I saw this kit, and it was $34 dollars and there are 2 full size items and two deluxe samples... so that is awesome.

The Contents 
So the full sizes of this kit are the Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in the color Watermelon Moonstone and a Beach Tint Water Resistant color for Lips and Cheeks in the color Guava. The two deluxe Samples are highlighters... which I think is a great idea because Becca is obviously known for their highlighters and they are expensive... but deluxe samples of highlighters work great because you don't use a ton of highlight so... thats good. Anyway theres a deluxe sample of the shimmering skin perfecter liquid in the shade Opal, which is everyones favorite thing in the world and the Shimmering Skin Perfecter pressed in the shade Rose Gold.

I feel like these are great choices for a starter kit because it gives you a little bit of everything and these are colors that will work on any skin tone in my opinion. You've got classic pinky peach blush and lip colors and 2 highlights that I've seen a lot of you tubers that are darker than me wear and love and they still look good on my skin tone. I think thats really awesome that this selection can kind of work for everyone.

Also I think its smart that they put in full sizes  of the Beach Tint things. Those I feel like I'm more likely to run out of and its just nice. I didn't realize there were 2 full sized items in here! The shimmer soufflé is $27 and the regular Beach tint is $25. So these too, if you fall in love with them and wanted a full size, its not really breaking the bank too much. Plus its more than the value of the box. I would have been happy with 1 full size and a bunch of samples, but having 2 makes me even happier. Lol.

Also this kit was limited edition, I just happened to find it at my Ulta because my Ulta tends to get things a little late... but these aren't limited edition products or anything, so I decided to give my review anyway since if you're really interested in something, you can go pick up a full size of it yourself!

Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle 
This is one of my favorite things from the kit right now... It isn't like there's anything I don't like from this kit, so they are all sort of favorites... but I've been reaching for this a lot because its summer and this just looks so lovely and glow-y. Its really easy to use, I just put it on my cheeks with my fingers and then stipple it out or I dip my stipple brush in and stipple it on. You could just blend it out with your fingers... but I think this works a tiny bit better. It has a highlighter in it and its swirled together. I just kind of use it as one, I still like using it with a highlighter because thats just more fun right? Lol. This is also an interesting texture for a cream blush. Its a little like a putty almost. It doesn't feel like the Maybelline cream blushes or anything like that. And I think it sticks to the face a little bit better because of the formula. It just shows up really nice on the cheeks and its a nice easy to use color. These I would think of as like a "summer must" if you're looking for a blush to splurge on for the summer.

Beach Tint for Lips and Cheeks 
This actually impressed me. I kind of think most products that claim to be for "lips and cheeks" never really work for both lips and cheeks. This one does though. It looks very natural on both, but its still pretty. I haven't used this a ton, but it feels nice on both the lips and cheeks. This is something I would want to try more of. I kind of think mine might have melted slightly... idk. But it still works okay, the consistency is just a little more liquidy. Its nice and I think it'll be good for travel. If you just wanted to bring this, you could totally use it as a blush and lipstick. It works well and feels comfortable.

Shimmering Skin Perfecter Liquid 
This might be my favorite of the kit. I love liquid or cream highlights and this is the highlight to end all highlights. I wanted to get it in the travel sized version, but the travel size (and the full size) come with a pump and that isn't quite as easy to apply as this doefoot applicator. Theres one side thats like flat and then theres a little roundness on the end. Its really easy to use and I've probably gotten the most use out of this right now.

Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed 
I was kind of skeptical about this color but it looks beautiful on. This would be good just with bronzer or on top of a blush or something. Its a really pretty rose gold color. I think it'd be great on the inner corners also, but I haven't tried it with that and idk if this is formulated for eyes or not... so if you have sensitive eyes... might not be a great idea, but this is nice. I don't think I would have picked this color out for myself, so I'm happy it came in this kit! Its lovely and I actually like the way it looks on me.

So those are my first impressions of Becca, kind of. Great products, I'll probably try more from the brand sometime during the sephora sale or with an Ulta coupon or something... so far I like everything and that makes me want to try more!

Hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments