Review: Colourpop Mondays In Malibu Set+ Nillionaire

Heyyyyy! I'm back!!! I have a new computer now that I'm posting on, thats why I was gone for a while... plus its summer, I'm helping my sister with wedding dress shopping and stuff (she just picked one out!!!) and I've just been doing a lot! Minions just came out lol!

Sooo the Mondays in Malibu set is their Summer 2015 collection... so its limited edition, but usually it sticks around for a while... if theres a color everyone is crazy about, its likely they'll make it permanent... but idk. It has 6 shadows that are all more on the neutral side, but are also quite summery. They don't have any matte shades in the collection, but they have a lot of different kinds of finishes. They have Satin Luxe, Ultra Metallic, Metallic, Pearlized I think there is a regular satin also... not exactly sure... I'll insert what the shadows are when I talk about them.

Now I would show swatches, but to me, these look wayyy better on the eyes than they do in swatches, and they're all really good so just trust me, its really good. Its a good range of colors and a good mixture of finishes. I'm not a big fan of colourpop's matte shadows... I think I've learned how to work with them better... but still not my favorite matte shadow, kind of why I decided to get this collection in the first place! It has a great variation of finishes and none that I wouldn't use... so that is always a plus.

First is Gecko, which is a really light whitish shade. This does not show up on my skin so I didn't think I'd be able to use it at all, on my eyes I actually think it looks really really nice. I've been using this for part of a "go to" summer look actually along with 2 other colors from this set. This doesn't seem like a super exciting color, but I really like it and I've been getting use out of it already!

Next, another part of that easy look I've been doing. Prickly Pear! This is probably my favorite shade in the set. Its a purply almost grayish color with a duo chrome finish. Its solo solo pretty and it looks prickly lol. I put this on the outer corner of my eye in my "go to" look. It is such a beautiful glitter color. This glitter will stick on you after the shadow is gone, there is a little fall out. I've heard the Too Faced Glitter Glue helps with that, I didn't try that, but I do think the shadow insurances in general work well with it. I use the Candelight primer and the Champagne primer with it and I like it a lot. I think underneath the colourpop shadows, these work really well.

The third part of that look that I do isn't a total favorite... but I like it, it just doesn't always show up as well as I want it too. I use it in the crease... which doesn't really show up all the time, but its still not a bad shade at all. It really depends on the brush you use, the Real Techniques Brush set has good ones for colourpop shadows... its a really nice pink color. I think this is a satin luxe. Did I say the name? No. Its called Sand Swoon its a pretty pink with some glitter. Its nice, not a total favorite, but I'm glad its in this and I'll use it more.

There are 2 gold shades that are actually really different, and I swatched them next to other gold shades from colourpop and these are really unique. There's Snakebite which is more like a true gold. This is soooo pretty, really metallic and nice. This doesn't have as much fallout as Prickly Pear I think... but its sitll really glittery. Its nice. The second is an interesting color called Mirage, which has a greenish duo chrome to it... which is really interesting. I think this is very wearable if you're more afraid of greens and its definitely something that isn't in every palette. You probably don't have this in your collection.

And last but not least in this collection is Hot Tamale, which is a really pretty dark almost orangey brown. This works well as a crease and outer corner color, even though it isn't matte there aren't any actual glitters in it, so it kinda works. This one is really creamy and easy to work with... all of them are, but this one in particular I think is really great for such a dark color. Its really a nice color.

So all of these are kind of hits. I guess Sand Swoon would probably be my least favorite of the bunch and I still like it a lot and will use it a lot. Its really a great little set with unique colors that you probably don't have anything like. That's what I love about colourpop, I feel like I have nothing like any of these shades and I end up using them a lot because of that. They're so easy to work with and so different that I love them.

Nillionaire is another one in their summer collection that I really like... but I think there's something a little off in the formulation of this shade. Its not bad or anything, but I've noticed a few people on youtube saying this color shattered on them and mine shattered in the mail. It feels a little more wet than other shadows, so its a little too creamy and falls apart, but it doesn't really ruin the product. Its cream so it doesn't look as pretty and have the design the other shadows have, but it still works you just smush it together and it works well. It doesn't really waste much product, and it feels the same as the other shadows. I like it a lot. Its very pigmented, it looks a little different in the pan than it does swatched. Its a bit lighter brown instead of straight up bronze or anything like Hot tamale. Theres a color called So Quiche I think it looks like, but from the swatches I've seen of that and the swatch of nillionaire, they're pretty different. Same concept I think, I'd probably use them both the same way... different enough to own both, but if you have one, you probably don't need the other and if you miss out on this since its limited, the other one isn't too different.

I wanted to wait till I used these a few more times to do a whole review on it... but its limited edition and I know I like it and I recommend it, so I thought better post this review while you can get it! There are so many pretty looks you can use with these shades... plus they go well with matte palettes if you just want a little something extra.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments