First Impression Friday: Wet N Wild Max Volume Plus Mascara

Heyyy guys! This is a bit of an older product, but I just got it in my Target beauty box and I wanted to give it a try! Its Wet N Wild's newest mascara I believe... actually I think they just released colored mascaras in their Fergie line, but to me I've never tried a Wet n Wild mascara, so its new to me!

Also this got a lot of negative reviews, nothing terrible I don't think but nothing super positive and sometimes (myself included) people don't try things out because the reviews aren't positive, and that includes great products sometimes.

I already tried this on for a little bit right when I got it, so I'm going to post my thoughts about that first and then go through me wearing this a lot longer at the end. And I'll talk about the packaging before that even cause thats important.

Packaging 
Its cute and pink! I like these chunkier packages because I think they're pretty easy to use... they're a little hard for me to store though and I have a lot of mascaras opened right now. Its got a rubber bristle wand with kind of a cone shape to it. The amount of longer bristles looks a little uneven, so thats a little weird but still easy enough to grab and coat the lashes.

Very First Try 
This is actually pretty nice. I felt like it was really dark on my lashes. I did like one coat and I was pleased with how it looked. I could see where it might get clumpy with more coats, so I didn't use more, but it was easy to de clump. It didn't take like an hour or anything. I put it on with the Ulta waterproof topcoat... and that was a little dried out for me, but the two of these worked really well together. They looked good all together, it was actually a little hard to remove it. I didn't wash my face with purity yet (at the time of reading this... which I will probably do now.) But I think its mostly off and when I use the purity it will come completely off.

Today's try 
Okay I had a bad experience with this last week, which is when I was supposed to post this. I used a very little bit of it this time on my lashes after curling them, and I like the way it looks. It doesn't get clumpy at all and my lashes look nice and long. Its easy to use, as of now not flaking off... actually I wiped something off of my face, it might have been flakes... but I think it was fallout from my eyeshadow. It wasn't bad. I'll check in a little bit later.

A Little Bit Later 

So I think this will be my last check in. It lasted throughout the day, and I didn't do much, but it was hot outside and I was in a hot car for a little while with a noisy dog... so if it was going to water it would have and it didn't. It still looks good, its still on, I don't think I'll have a problem removing it at all and yeah.

The one Thing I don't Like 
The only thing I don't like about this mascara and would probably prevent me from re-purchasing it is that its a very light natural type of look... but you can still tell I'm wearing mascara. So it isn't like Va Va Voom Lashes, and it isn't like a "Your lashes but better" look. Its just your lashes with mascara on. It doesn't look bad or terrible or anything, but it isn't really the type of look I would want to go for.

If you want a "your lashes but better" mascara I recommend Rimmel's Wonderlash the waterproof version. Thats really good and for bam in your face lashes either the Covergirl Super Sizer or the Ulta Amped Lashes mascara. Or the L'oreal Butterfly Intenza. All great options. This one... meh. Its just a weird look.

So that is my overall thoughts, I'm not really bashing it, If you're on a budget definitely try this it gets the job done... but I think you can get equally affordable mascaras that do a better job than this.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments