Weight Loss Wednesday: Getting Discouraged and Staying on Track

So no matter what you do, how hard you work and how amazing you are at it... people are still gonna knock you down. Unfortunately... this can be really hurtful, upsetting and you might just want to stop right there... but I'm a Libra... I like balance, so I am here to focus this on some positivity. I usually like to tell people to "take themselves down a peg" when I think someone is bragging or thinks too highly of themselves... which pretty much everyone does. I keep it real. Lol. I bring people down several pegs and with that, I like to balance some positivity. Some people don't think very highly of themselves... and I like to tell them to take themselves up a peg!

Anyway someone I know recently reacted positively to the news of me losing weight... but in a negative manner... Its like a backhanded compliment type of thing I guess. Its just something you don't tell a person to their face really. Not my favorite thing and not what I really wanted to hear that day. And this is someone I know and love, so it was not really a big deal. I took it with a grain of salt, I don't think any less of them or anything but its not the easiest thing to hear someone say. And I'm not even really mad at this person... maybe I was at the time, but... I knew it wasn't meant to be mean. Usually backhanded compliments are very very mean, but I know that this wasn't the intention of that person to give me a backhanded compliment. If someone was doing this to me on purpose I would probably call them out on it and its someone I wouldn't talk to anymore... but that isn't what the situation is. I'm not mad at this person, I might be a little bitter... but thats not bad and... yeah. Its something other people don't always understand. Its a hard thing to understand and it sucks but it is what it is. Take it with a grain of salt, remember who you are in the mirror is not the only thing about you and if you love you, other people will to. You're perfect the way that you are, everyone is who they are for a reason.

 The world is a puzzle, we're the pieces in it and every puzzle piece is a unique shape with a unique look for a reason. You know? Anyway, thats one way to think about it.

But back to this being a weight loss thing. If it gets you down... you know what helps? Working twice as hard. Do you think Leslie Knope would give up on anything if someone brought her down? Hell no! She'd just work even harder and do something even better than she was before! And now SPOILER FOR THE END OF PARKS AND REC... KINDA she's president in the future... probably. Idk they were very vague about that... but I'm sure thats what it is. And yes she's fictional... but still inspirational. Lol.

So I worked out a lot... and I had one of the best work outs ever probably and it was really really nice. And my work outs since then have improved even more. And I kind of targeted my "problems" with what I've been doing and I've been working towards them a little better.

My biggest problem were the weekends. I wasn't working out on the weekends and I totally wasn't keeping track of the food I was eating at all. And this was Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... so this weekend I made sure to at least try. I worked out a whole hour on Friday, a half hour on Saturday cause I just didn't have the time and on Sunday I didn't do anything... and I ate pretty badly... but I knew it wasn't the end of the world.

I also weighed myself for the first time since April in this process. In April, I was weighed because I sprained my ankle and I was about 208 pounds give or take... now I think I'm 202 pounds! So I've lost 6 pounds already and soon I'll be out of the hundo zone!

So yeah. If this gets brought up again, I'll let them or anyone else know that I'm down 6 pounds! Thats something worth mentioning!

And... its been hard this week to. On Sunday I ate fried chicken... and it was amazing. I haven't been drinking soda everyday... but there are a lot of times when I probably shouldn't have it and I do anyway and its bad. I think I had a coke on Thursday and Saturday... maybe Friday to... yeah. So thats maybe not the best... but I don't drink like 3 glasses a day or anything. I'll have a glass or 2.

I also really want Ice Cream or Chips or Doritos so bad sometimes, and I do have chips from time to time and I had ice cream this weekend... but its been tough. I know there are healthier alternatives to these things... but nothing beats the real thing. When I want Ice Cream... I friggin want ice cream. I don't want frozen yogurt or regular yogurt or anything like that... I want ICE CREAM! Lol. I think Joey Graceffa a few years ago said that he liked Almond Milk because it was sweet and it tasted like a milkshake to him... yeah no. He clearly had not had ice cream in a lonnnng time lol. Almond Milk does not even come close. But I do use that instead of regular milk and it is quite tasty.

Some people do just prefer to eat healthier anyway. And they'll see the calories in something and be like "yeah I'm not eating that." And good for them! I am not one of those people. I'm sorry. Lol they say that Nutella is somehow doing something terrible to trees in France... and I'm like "NUTELLA IS WORTH IT!" I'm sorry lol. You're not taking Nutella away from me. And I'm usually very against anything like that... but when it affects the consumption of Nutella... Nutella wins.

So that's kind of a long ranty way to end this post... but my point is, embrace who you are... if you're like me and you need something bad from time to time and the healthy alternatives aren't doing it, go for it... just know you'll either end up weighing more than you want to or you have to do it in moderation, or just work out harder to make up for it. And if someone discourages you, its okay. I'm alright if someone calls me fat because weight is something you can lose and it changes all the time! I can be skinny one day, we don't know lol. And to some people who knows, maybe I am skinny. I'm fine with how I look, I just know I would prefer to look back on my sisters wedding pictures if I lost some weight... and probably all other pictures. And I'm trying and its working, so that is a good thing!

Byeeee beauties!!!!
-Shannon

Comments