Summer Glowy Skin Routine!

This is exciting because I recently just found my favorite combo of products to make my skin look glowy and hydrated and just good for summer. So this is kind of just what I use to achieve massive glow. I've only tried this all together like once... full disclosure... but I liked the way it worked.

First I prime my face with the Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer. If you have more oily skin, this step probably isn't necessary or you could just use whatever primer you want. This is kind of like a moisturizer for me, so I kind of like using it just as a moisturizer, but it also kinda smoothes my skin out and helps the make up I put on top of it apply more nicely. It doesn't really do anything to extend the wear of makeup... but it does really good for smoothing and moisturizing and I don't have much of a problem with foundation not sticking to my face. It just makes it look a little nicer on.

Next I take my L'oreal Truematch Lumi foundation and just put like a pump of that all over my face. I like to use a beauty blender dry to apply this... I know thats a little crazy, but I feel like I still get full coverage from that, but its not streaky at all or anything. Sometimes I'll spray a setting spray on the beauty blender and then smooth it out, but this works fine too. The setting spray I like to use for that usually is the Pixi Glow Mist... which we'll get to more.

Yesterday I mixed this with the It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination cream and I really liked the way it turned out together. I used like a pump of each and I smoothed this over, again with the dry beauty blender... I might have slightly wet it... but it wasn't that damp. And I liked the way this looked with it a lot. It wasn't as glittery as using this on its own but it was still nice and shimmery.

Next is kind of my favorite part. I use the Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer Cream. This is amazing to give a nice bronzy glow. It comes out looking really natural and its just one of my favorite things. I take the bronzer on my real techniques contour brush, which is really dense so its so good for cream contouring and I'll take that more into the hollows of my cheek and on my forehead. This is a little warm to contour with really... but I don't care. It looks more like I'm bronzed than that my cheekbones are... existent. Lol. It looks nice though. And Then I'll take the blush from that side of the duo and apply that with Elf's Small Stipple brush. I'm sure you can do this with any stipple brush... but why pay more than $3 when Elf has one that works so well! Lol. Here I spray a beauty blender or just use it damp and kind of blend that out. Sometimes the contour is a little harsh, sometimes the blush just looks like a clown and I really need to smooth that out. If you really want to be careful with it, blend out the contour first then apply the blush and blend that out. I think I've done it both ways... but you really want to make sure you do that before the next part, which is the tricky part... but also kind of my favorite because highlighting is my favorite.

I've been using Elf's cream highlight in Lilac petals or whatever it is recently... this is kind of tricky to work with. If you want something a little easier, and one that might suit you more if you don't like pinky highlights, The Benefit Watts up is really good too. Thats easy its just a cream stick so its super precise. This I just put on little dots on my cheekbones and then usually I start to spread it out with my fingers, just so the line is a little more straight and doesn't wander anywhere... then I use the beauty blender again and blend it out a little bit.

And I use setting spray and powder as needed. I use the Pixi Glow Mist usually and then either the L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray or the Urban Decay All Nighter... Either work. The Glow Mist is more for looking glowy and the others extend a little better. If I need powder I'll use the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous powder and usually spray after.

That is pretty much it. There are lots of other great cream products out there, but these are my faves. And I really have been liking to mix the l'oreal lumi and the it cosmetics together... even though I've only done it once lol. The highlight step isn't totally needed for that... but I like it, so yeah.

Byeee! Hope you guys like this idea!
-Shannon

Comments