Top 5 Friday: Drugstore Picks for The Summer

Alright so this is a little late... but for some reason I felt like I posted this and now I don't think I did... but here it is now. Here's my top 5 list of things you might want to pick up this summa from the drugstore. I also have a kind of long list of honorable mentions... so this might be more like a top 10... lol.

1) Elf Prism Palette in Sunset- I've been loving this palette a lot this summer. Now I've kind of switched to colourpop shadows... also a great summer pick... but if you want one affordable palette this summer, Sunset will have you covered. Its only $10. There are no matte shades, but everything is very nice and pigmented, if you use them wet they work amazingly well and if you put a primer on under they'll last all day. Idk how the staying power is without primer... but I always like having a primer, so That's what I recommend for that. There are a lot of looks you can do with this palette, there are pinks and purples and golds and a white and its just super gorgeous and definitely good to use for the summertime.

2) Ulta Rain Coat Mascara Topcoat- There's not really a great "summer mascara" or anything specifically from the drugstore... plus Mascara is a personal thing and everyone likes something different... but this is universal, works great over any mascara and makes it last a really long time. I'd definitely recommend this!

3) L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray- This setting spray is probably my favorite setting spray ever... and I'm not someone to like spending money on setting sprays... I was like "the Nyx one works fine... I don't need any other setting spray" somehow I now own 5... ughhh lol. This really makes the skin look refreshed and I think it helps the staying power... I really really like it, clearly I just mentioned its my favorite... but... yeah. Sweat proof and gives a nice glow. Good choice for summatime.

4) Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petals- Cream highlights are great for summer and this one is definitely summer worthy. Some people say that these are a little hard to use because they are really pigmented and it takes a while for it to work, but for me, I dab a dotted line on my cheekbones, blend it out with my hand and then take a damp sponge or beauty blender type of thing to blend it a little more. It looks pretty and these are only like $1. If you go to target on a friday, it might even be 70 cents... thats what I got mine for so I don't know.

5) Real Techniques blending sponge- This tool is totally your friend if you love using cream products in the summer! It really helps blend them out, or give a nice dewy finish to any foundation look, which is great for summer. I really enjoy using this for both of those things... I also like using it to press a setting spray into my foundation, and I'll even use them dry a lot to just evenly apply foundation. I guess this is good all year long... but I realize I've been using these a lot more this summer.

Honorable Mentions 

Pixi Glow Mist- So this is another item I would say is a definite great setting spray to have. I pretty much douse myself in it and I'm almost done with mine. I didn't pick this because A) I consider this more mid-range than drugstore. It's $15 which is technically less than the setting spray... but it isn't as easy to find a deal on it or as readily available as the L'oreal Setting Spray. Plus the l'oreal one has mini sizes now at cvs... so you could just do that if you weren't sure. B) I didn't want to include 2 setting sprays and ultimately the L'oreal one is my favorite. I think that gives a nice finish to the face and has lasting power... whereas this just gives the nice finish to your face.

Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer Cream- This is absolutely amazing, so affordable, so great to use especially for summer. You can contour with it really easily, or just use it to warm up the face. It lasts a long time and looks really good on. Plus its $3 for a good size blush and bronzer... so its extra good. Didn't include it because I think its only sold on Elf's website and not in stores... so its not quite "drugstore" but It is really nice if you were to order from Elf, definitely put this in your cart.

Caress Adore Forever Body Wash- This is amazing. I didn't want to use a body wash in this, but this lasts a long time for summer, its super affordable and will make you feel nice and pretty and get rid of all the stankiness. I don't like many other scents from Caress... but I love this one and it smells really good and fruity, which is great for summer.

Maybeline Superstay Better Skin Foundation and concealer- I love this foundation and concealer personally... spoiler alert I'm going to have a haul and a review on it soon... but I don't think it lasts quite that long and I've heard a lot of different reviews on this. It looks really nice on my skin though...I'm still testing it out though, so there will be more on it.

Maybeline Color Blurs- I don't know if these are totally "must haves for summer" but I like the color payoff and formula a lot and it looks like they have a lot of fun summer colors. I was kind of between this, the color elixirs, and the elf moisturizing lipsticks... but I'd say these have the best staying power and are just really good lip products. Super matte and such good color payoff. Love them!

So that is it... I think. Lol. Highly recommend all these things, they are amazing and if you like them you should put a ring on it... wait how do you do that? I guess just buy them and use them if you like them...? Okay.

Byeeeeee!
-Shannon

P. S- I don't think I'll be blogging every day here anymore... just cause its overwhelming and I'm not using quite as much make up for summer... but I'm still loving it, and I'm still gonna talk about it here! I will probably come up with some sort of schedule and roughly stick to that. I'm not sure yet... but will figure it out!


Comments