Review: Colourpop Metamorphosis Quad and Some Single Shadows

Another colourpop review! This is a fun one! I recently got the Metamorphosis quad which is CoffeebreakwithDani's collab with them and I got a few of their popular single shadows. The quad is limited edition and the shadows are permanent... so yeah.

Metamorphosis Quad 
This quad is soooo much fun! Especially if you like a lot of cream shadow primers. There are 2 neutral shades, a dark brown matte color called Bravery and a lighter camel-colored satin brown called Strength... both of those are good. I'm not a fan of colourpop's matte shadows... but I've kind of learned what brushes work well with them and how to use them a little better, so I have actually been using them and liking them a little more than I thought I would. I probably have these colors in palettes... I'm not really sure if I have any color like Strength in a Satin Finish... and nothing quite as chocolatey as Bravery... so even just for the "boring" neutral shades, they're pretty unique and the formula works really well and lasts a long time. So those are good.

But the stars of this palette are Hope and Kindness. These both have a "sheer opal finish" so you could wear them on their own... but they work better over a cream shadow. They basically transform any shadow you put underneath, which technically the shadow could be cream or powder, and they make it into a really unique, glittery duo-chromey color. Hope is this gorgeous, everyday type od color. Its white with pink and gold flecks in it. I think it looks beautiful over Maybeline's Inked in Pink, but it also looks good under purples and golds too. Its so beautiful it really makes your eyes sparkle and shine really well. And Kindness... which is the coolest color in the planet lol. Its like a greenish, bluish, brownish duo chrome that looks good under a lot of browns, but also blacks and I think it'd look good with golds also. I feel like a good look is Maybelline's inked in Pink, Hope from this quad and then head out the door. It just looks so so pretty.

I think this is such a unique quad. I really see myself getting a ton of use out of the sheer opal shades just because they're so easy to use. It just works really well. And I love the idea of "being the change you want to see in the world." Everytime I put on hope I feel like I'm going to be like "yes there is hope!"

Now for the single shadows!

First I want to talk about Fringe and I <3 this because... they're both beautiful shadows... but they are basically identical. I think Fringe is maybe a little more white on the lids and I heart this is a little more grey... but they're both pretty similar, so I don't think you need both. That being said, I like having both cause I think Heart is a little more shimmery than Fringe, and Fringe I think works a little better on its own than Heart. So... thats kind of where those are.

Next is Get Lucky. This is probably what I like then best and what I'll be using the most... other than maybe Fringe cause thats pretty too. Get Lucky is just a really pretty gold color. I think I've heard it compared to Urban Decay's half baked. To me I really like these colors that are just true gold colors. Its not too rose gold or too orange, its just gold. And I Love it.

And the last one I got is called GameFace this is like an orangey coppery gold. Its similar to the color Kathleenlights from her quad... but its a little more orange and I think the finish of Gameface is Ultra Metallic and Kathleenlights is pearlized. I love this color it really packs a punch. Right now I have Get Lucky all over my lid, Gameface on the outer corner, a matte brown powder from my Elf Matte palette in the crease and I heart this on my inner corner and I really love the way the look turned out. I think it looks pretty cool and I feel like this shade really brings the look together. I like it a lot.

Hope you guys found this helpful! I love Colourpop but sometimes its just nice to know a breakdown of the products.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments