Review: Maybeline Superstay Better Skin Foundation and Concealer

So I've heard good things and bad things about this foundation... mostly good things and I've heard pretty much all good things about the concealer, so I decided to try both of them. I'm gonna try to break this up into different parts.

First Impression 

Sponge application 
This applied nicely and the foundation looked pretty amazing after application. I used a damp sponge, the Real Techniques sponge... I need to wash my beauty blender and it looked flawless after. It didn't cling to my pores or dry patches. It didn't feel like anything heavy was on my face and I was really impressed. It does look like a "my skin but better" but its more full coverage I think. I did two layers of it, so I used like two pumps.

Lasting Power 
And I didn't do much today, but it lasted all through the day. It was a rainy day, I didn't powder or anything, which I don't usually need to do. I used the L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray. I did go out in the rain, I just helped my sister wedding dress shopping and went out to lunch... so it was pretty much a basic day. Nothing too interesting. Well oaky I guess that is interesting for my sister since she got the dress... but thats not anything that made me sweat or my foundation bad or anything. Lol.

Overall Thoughts 
I love the way this looks... I don't love the lasting power... but its been super hot out, so that's probably why. Its a good coverage, it doesn't cling to my dry patches which I love, and I think I really love the way that this looks on my skin, I think it might not be the best for summer because even on my dry skin, the staying power isn't incredible. I also haven't tried it with a primer that makes things last longer... so that might help. It works well with setting sprays.

The concealer is actually really good. I use it on top of my Benefit erase paste and I think it does a really good job of covering up dark circles.

And also I want to mention the "Better Skin" claim. I haven't really been using it enough to notice a difference in my skin... and I wasn't really looking for that because honestly I didn't buy it... but I did have a breakout when I was first using it and I noticed the redness went down a lot after using this foundation and concealer on top of it, so I think it actually worked well for that.

Overall I love this product... maybe wait till the fall to try it out because it is a little too hot for the staying power to work that well. And if you're oily, I hear this is similar to the Too Faced Born This Way foundation and that has a better staying power... so try that if you feel like splurging!

Byeeee!
-Shannon



Comments