Nail Art for Dummies: The Polka Dot Manicure

This is a fun little trick that I just recently started doing on my nails. It is the easiest thing ever and it looks so fancy and put together and cute!



All you need is a dotting tool or the bottom end of a paper clip or something that can make polka dots.

Paint your nails like normal and then wait for them to dry. I would wait a little bit longer just because it turns out a little bit better that way. After they are completely dry take the dotting tool and paint the end with the second color. You could probably dip it in the paint if you have a longer dotting tool... mine is shorter and this is easy so I do it this way.

And then I add a topcoat... mine of choice is Seche Vite. It makes it look shiny and blended together nicely.

My favorite thing to do is to use a plain solid pastely color as the base and then a shimmery color for the dots. Right now I have OPI's Mermaid's Tears which is a light green color (from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection) and for the dots I have OPI's Designer De Better which is a pretty rose gold with some silvery flecks. I love this color combo!

So if you can't choose one color, this is a fun way to choose multiple! Plus you can do this as an accent nail with plain nails or even with other nail art or nail wraps. I like this little thing a lot and if I can do it, you can do it cause I suck at nail art! lol.

And dotting tools are easy to make if you can't find any. I got mine from a Sally Hansen Nail Art kit. You can probably find them at beauty supply stores. Sally's, Harmon's, Beauty Plus Salon, Amazon has them, Icing has theres and Clair's probably does too. Or just make your own from something that looks like it can make dots. Its pretty easy.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments