The Perfect Palette Tag

Heyyy all! This is an old Tag I saw on youtube that I think is really great and really helpful. I love seeing everyone's different things and 

1. Best Packaging- Too Faced Boudoir Eyes and Coastal Scents Revealed -

I'm cheating and answering with 2 palettes instead of just one because I like the packaging for different reasons. I think that the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes package is just so fancy and sophisticated looking. I actually use it as a decoration on the drawers I use for a nightstand. Its a nice pale pink quilted package and I think it is just adorable... but the downside to the packaging is that it isn't that sturdy... Enter Coastal Scents Revealed. This has a really strong magnetic closure that I just think is really durable. It also has 20 shades but its in a super slim packaging and it's only $20 and the packaging seems pretty luxe. (plus its on sale all the time.)


2. Best Color Payoff- Naked 3-
I love this palette! It is definitely one of my favorites, the colors are all so so pigmented and they work really really well together. I love that it has all the rosy shades and you don't need to build them up or anything, they are a great formula and super super pigmented. I also don't get much fallout from these... although I know people complain about these palettes having fallout. Idk. 

3. Most Versatile- Nyx Wicked Dreams & Wet N Wild Comfort Zone - 

Again... I'm cheating and picking 2... but both of these are from the drugstore and I think you can get the Nyx Wicked Dreams for like 7.49 or something like that right now... and it comes with 24 shades! I feel like that is crazy! These are a little chalky... but not hard to work with and it has a lot of neutrals and a lot of fun pops of color. There are a lot of things you can do with 24 shadows, so that is quite a versatile palette.

Another one that is versatile but kind of in a different way is the Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Palette. This is super affordable, super pigmented, filled with dupes of Mac eyeshadows and I'm pretty sure other palettes. There are some pops of green and a lot of light neutrals and dark neutrals. I feel like the real reason why this is so versatile is that its easy to use with other more colorful things. I love using it with my Stila Smudgestick in Mint Julep and I feel like its nice to have a really neutral look if you want to experiment with different pops of color... and this looks good with pretty much every look. I like this.

Both of these are also small and compact so they would be good for travel... plus they're both really affordable so they're Easy to travel with... but my next one I think takes the cake for traveling.

4. Best for Traveling- Lorac Pro 2 -

This is such a nice neutral palette that also has a lot of fun shades. Its got a sturdy magnetic closure, which is great for traveling, plus it comes with a mirror which is important for that. Its also nice because its so easy to come up with looks using this palette. Its easy to create a really nice, glamorous eye look in just a few minutes with this palette. Plus its all so nice and blendable and easy to work with that you won't take a long time to apply and then get on with whatever exciting thing you're doing in your travels. You will also need a primer for these to last a long time though I think... but still a good travel palette. Plus the packaging makes it very user friendly with the mattes on top and shimmers on the bottom. I dig it! 

5. Biggest Regret- Wet N Wild Ho -Ho Hollywood- 

This is so disappointing because these colors are so great and I love Wet and Wild... but these are all cream shades... that aren't so much creamy as they are oily... its just so yucky feeling on the eyes that I haven't really worn it very often since getting it. I can give it other chances because its like I bought it, even though it wasn't much money I should use it... but it just isn't the greatest.

6. Best Color Names- Too Faced Chocolate Bar-

This is so so cute! It looks like a chocolate Bar and all the names have chocolatey candy names to them. Marzipan, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Creme Brulle. This is so clever and adorable. And it smells like chocolate which adds to the experience.

7. Least Used- Nyx Smoky eye palette- 

I really like Nyx... but I hardly ever do a smoky eye so... idk why I bought this palette. I reach for my drugstore palettes way less than my high end ones just cause I have so many high end palettes that I feel stupid using the drugstore ones. I don't think I've ever actually used this. I will someday soon because I like this so much. I think I've used the highlight and maybe the black and purple shades... but otherwise I just haven't really used it. 


8. Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island- It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration- 

I almost didn't buy this palette and I'm so happy that I did because I kind of feel like its my favorite. I'm not sure if I can say its actually my most used most loved because I have a lot and I haven't had this palette for very long... but I just think theres a lot more than meets the eye to this palette. All the colors seem very neutral and basic... but there are some good pops of color and they're just so smooth and blendable and pigmented and I've just loved every look I've come up with with this palette. Its becoming such a winner in my collection that I do really think it is currently my most loved. Along with the Chocolate Bar, Naked 3 and Lorac 2... this is one of my favorites. 

Also random funny thing: I have a lot of "palette sequels" but not many originals. I find that a little funny... but then again its a little funny that they keep making palette sequels. Lol. 

Comments