Review: Lorac Pro Palette 2

Heyyyy guys! So I just recently bought the Lorac Pro 2 Palette and I thought I'd give my full review on it so far. I've had it in a few of my weekly favorites, and I even did a Halloween look with it... but there are a few cons to the palette as well. Overall I am happy that I got it... but yeah. I just figured I would let you guys know EVERYTHING and that is what I will do.

I'll start with some of the cons first because... thats what I'm going to do. Lol. I feel like I need a primer with these shadows. They are very soft and very pigmented, especially the shimmery shades... but I also feel like they don't have the staying power that a lot of my other eyeshadows have. It could be because its fall and I have allergies, but just something to take into consideration. It does come with a really great primer and a lot of the Maybeline Color Tattoos in the Leather collection work well underneath it. The matte shades aren't quite as pigmented as the shimmery shades... so idk if I would recommend this if you're more into matte shadows. You can do an all matte look with these and its blendable and easy... but not quite as blendable and easy as the shimmery shades. 

Another thing that bothers a lot of people is the packaging. The packaging in my opinion is both amazing and terrible... and I'll get to the amazing part in a bit. It does leave dirty fingerprints on the package cause its like a softer rubber that feels almost like suede... idk how to describe it. Lol. It isn't super noticeable but the first day I used it I got foundation on it and I wanted to cry. Lol. Also here is how I heard the Mega Pro described by Leighannsays on youtube: When you dip your brush in them its kind of like it explodes because it is so soft and pigmented so the colors can get on the in between spots in the palette and make it dirty. This isn't a real issue, but be careful the dark colors don't get mixed in with the light colors because that can be tragic. 

So here is the brilliant part of the packaging: the layout of the shadows. There are 8 mattes on top, 8 shimmers on the bottom. It goes from darkest to lightest in each row more or less and it seems like each group of 4 can be kind of like a quad used for one look. Which is pretty cool. And there are a lot of neutral colors, but theres a dark blue, a purple, a green shimmery color, a few really nice silver shimmers and there is a lot of range in each of the looks. This would be an easy palette to do a daytime look and then darken it up for nighttime. It is also very sleek and would probably be easy to travel with. It doesn't take up a lot of space and there is a lot of variety you can get with this palette. 

When I first saw this palette I was excited because its not really like anything that I own, and I already could see a bunch of different ways to use that. It isn't like just a neutral palette, its so silvery and grayish and there are pops of color that I love... but at the same time, I'm having a bit more trouble coming up with looks for it. I don't know why. I guess it isn't as "user friendly" as a lot of other palettes in that way. Like the Too Faced Palettes have a nice layout and come with books on how to use the colors... even though this is kind of broken up into quads it looks like... I feel like I could have used a little guidance. Although on the other hand, it does have a barcode that you can scan for tutorials. Plus I almost never use the booklet for ideas on looks and they just end up staying around in my room taking up space and I feel like I can't get rid of them... so there's that. Maybe I should just stop complaining lol. 

So yeah, I really love this palette and I've already been using it a lot and its wonderful... but at the same time I need more time to do more things with it. Lol. Does that make sense? A lot of people say that the Lorac palettes are their holy grail must have palettes and so far I'm not getting that. Its not a bad palette by any of the means, I do love it and will continue to use it more and more... but idk to be quite honest. 

And for a high end palette this isn't insanely expensive. It's 12 dollars cheaper than the Naked palettes are right now I believe, so that is something to take into consideration. I think I kind of like my Naked 3 palette better though... idk. They're both really great but yeah. 

So that is it! I hope you guys found this helpful and I will talk to you later! Alrightttt! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments