Review: It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette

So I just hauled this recently. I've heard nothing but great things about It Cosmetics shadows and I want to use some more matte shadows on my eyes and not a lot of palettes offer that. This is a completely matte palette, and if you want a less than matte look, they even have a transforming ombre pearl.

So the packaging is really nice. I had no real interest in the original It Cosmetics naturally pretty palette because the packaging isn't something I really want to dish out $42 for. I know its stupid, but I've heard so many people say its awful and it gets messy and it just isn't the best... and I'm not that into packaging of palettes but it just wasn't on the top of my priority list. Anyway this packaging is really nice. Its a luxury cardboard package and its sparkly and cute and then inside of the sparkly palette is an array of all matte shadows and a big mirror!

 These are pretty much all neutral, but there are some color pops and smokier shades. Theres a purple, a blue and some pink and a very light orange. It's a really nice selection, but it is very natural. Its a little hard for me to come up with interesting looks because there are a lot of brown colors that look very similar. They're all beautifully pigmented, easy to blend and I don't think I get any fall out, even from the darker colors... so these are really great shadows. The Transforming Ombre Radiance Ribbon, this isn't super glittery. It just adds something a little bit something extra to the look. It also makes a good highlight.

I think this palette is great to do a super neutral eye look and a more dramatic lip and face look. It does have shades you can use for a more smokey look... I don't do that that often and I really love all the looks I have come up with! I think it's turned out nicely, it wears for a long time and it is just easy to use. These types of palettes are also good with a bolder palette like the Urban Decay Electric palette or something. It's just really good overall.

The names are also really cute and holiday related. I know this is limited edition, so if you do a lot of tutorials on youtube or on blogger or whatever, a lot of people don't like to use limited edition palettes in tutorials... but I think this is a pretty safe bet for doing tutorials with because it is similar to the first edition and a lot of these shadows are similar to find dupes for I think. It's just an all matte neutral palette, these aren't that hard to find.

So would I recommend this? Yes! I love it I've been loving using it and I really love the quality of these shadows. Would I say you must run out and buy it right away? I'd say no. If it interests you and you want a palette like this and you want really good matte shadows BUY IT! I think its similar enough to the regular palette that if you have that palette you don't need this one, if this one sells out or something, the regular palette is similar enough to pick up if you want it. Really love this palette right now.

Hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments