Uoma Beauty Black Magic Carnival Palette Review

 So I thought I'd do a review on this palette right now cause... yeah. I've used it a lot and I used it again recently so I need to review it. 

This is a really fun palette with a lot of really bright colorful shades, but I love that it includes neutrals so that I can wear it to work without looking too over the top. It's really a versatile palette and I love it for that. 

When I first used it I had a bit of trouble with the staying power of these. I was using an older eyeshadow primer that didn't work as well... and I may have done my makeup in too much of a hurry... this is definitely a palette you want to take your time with. The matte colors are really really nice and pretty- but you want to blend out those mattes especially. It's not too hard to blend... but it does take a little bit of time. 

The shimmers last pretty well and they're fairly soft and pigmented and easy to use. I know hardpan is something a lot of shadows have problems with... I don't think that's going to happen with this palette. It's pretty creamy and nice. 

This isn't an eyeshadow palette- this is a pigment palette. There's not really a difference in that but the Pink shadow has ingredients in it that are considered "not for use on the eye area." I have VERY sensitive eyes and I've never had an issue with any pink or red shadows with these restrictions on it... so I think you should be okay using it on your eyes. It might take a bit longer to remove it because it stains your eyes a bit- but I use Micellar Water and sometimes if I need to I'll go in with a makeup wipe and then I'll use my Purity Made Simple face wash which does remove makeup. It's all pretty quick and easy and it isn't bad. 

So overall I love using this palette. I feel like I can always come up with fun looks with the colors- but I can still do easy everyday eye looks with it. I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for some color but aren't fully committed to always using colors. 

Those are my thoughts on this! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments