5 Products From... Colourpop Cosmetics

Alright guys... so this might be weird- but I thought I would take some brands I've tried at least 5 products from and review them. And it's not really going to be like a "Top 5 Bottom 5" type of thing... it's literally just going to be the first 5 products I can think of... that's what I'll review. Maybe I'll even do this with brands I haven't tried that much from and explain why I haven't tried that product or something too. 

I'm starting with Colourpop because that was the first brand I thought of... so yeah! Let's get into it! 

1) Yes Please Eyeshadow Palette- 
I think this was the first palette colourpop launched and I feel like this is a good palette, these are all shades I love and I thought this would be a total holy grail palette for me... but I honestly don't use it all that much. I'm not really sure why- colourpop palettes are really good but I always kind of forget to use them... so I definitely need to use these a lot more. Especially this palette because it's kind of everything I want in a palette... I just don't use it all that much. Maybe it's because there isn't a mirror... I'm not sure. Either way I recommend it if they still even sell this... but Idk. It's a good palette for a good price I just need to use it! 

2) Super Shock Highlighters- 

Colourpop is sometimes seemed as an overhyped brand... I'll maybe talk a bit more about that at the end of the post here... but this is by far their most underrated product. They were maybe hyped a little bit when they first came out- but I feel like I never hear anyone talk about these and they are FANTASTIC! You will get a perfect highlight- you don't even really need a brush with them- you could just use your fingers... but it's this creamy texture that I feel like just melts into the skin and looks really natural while still looking very extra. I loveee these! It can be a bit hard to find a color that looks good for your skintone when you're online... but I definitely recommend giving these a try! 

3) Luxe Lipsticks- 

This is my other favorite product from Colourpop. A few years ago I decluttered a lot of my lipstick and that sort of helped me decide what lipsticks I would keep purchasing in the future because I do have a lot of lipstick and it is hard to decide what to use... these were one of the top things that I was like "Yes... I will keep buying these lipsticks!" They're just regular lipsticks in a tube- but the formula is nice and creamy, these don't travel outside my lip line and these kind of tend to last longer than other lipsticks that I wear. I loveee these! 

4) Lippie Sticks- 

These I really like a lot too! They're so cute and easy to use because of the shape of the pencil and the bullet of the lipstick. They have a lot of formulas for these lippie sticks too and I feel like they just keep improving these. I haven't tried them in a while or any of the newer products like the ultra blotted lip or the lip tints that they have... but these are just really good. And this is one of the earliest products they launched with and they're still just awesome. 

5) Super Shock Shadows- 
I feel like when these came out people just went crazy over them... and they are really great but they also kind of dry quickly and I find it hard to use single shadows... so this is something I've gotten rid of a lot of and I'm not going to purchase any more unless I start using single shadows or small palettes a lot more... but this was a great product to launch with and I think these are still worth checking out if you think you'll get a lot of use out of it! 

About The Brand... 

So Colourpop is great because they're a really affordable makeup brand that follows trends but I feel like they also set trends. A lot of products they created are SO different than everything else that was on the market at the time. They are also known for ALWAYS having new releases- which is kind of a double edged sword. A lot of people feel overwhelmed by new releases because it's hard to keep up with everything and you can't buy everything... but as someone who does not often buy things from Colourpop anymore... I'm okay with it. People really enjoy their products and they seem to be doing really well... so even if I don't buy them all myself- I'll still see product reviews and look at the products if I'm interested. Back when we could swatch things I'd swatch them in store also but... I feel like I can resist the temptation and not buy all the things. I do kind of want one of their larger eyeshadow palettes... but I feel like I really gotta think about getting those before biting the bullet and getting something. 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

Comments