Red, White and Blue Favorites!

I thought this could be a fun post for the Fourth of July! Let's talk about some of my favorite things or some things I've been trying recently that are the same colors of the flag! Cool!

Red 

First and foremost: The Modern Renaissance Palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. This is a very red- themed palette that has been very hyped since it came out more or less. Very much worth the hype! I haven't worn this palette in a while... but it is very loved and I just think it's absolutely amazing!

Something that I tried recently thats kind of red-ish is actually a perfume that I got from Hot Topic. It's called Enchanted Beauty- its Beauty and The Beast themed... I got it from a Hot Topic Mystery Bag and it smells nice. It's very sweet and kind of heavy for this time of year... but I still kind of like it. It's super pretty and I have it on my "gold" disney shelf on my room... so I think that is pretty cool! I just kind of thought this was a good perfume and you wouldn't expect to have a perfume as a "red favorite" I feel like lipstick is the way to go here... but yeah! This is good!

There's also a Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow... I think the one I have is called Raw Power... I think this is a good one... I haven't used it in a while. I think Kat might be re-doing these because I've seen them on sale at sephora often. I also know Kat Von D is kind of a controversial person and I feel a little weird about supporting her to be honest... but I do like her products and I think I'll keep on using it and if I want something of hers... I'll maybe get it if I don't think I can find anything else similar... but don't let celebrities encourage the things that you do... do whatever you believe in your personal life... so yeah! I'll get off my soap box here, but I might eventually get back to this thought sometime soon... but yeah. It's an eyeshadow that's red and I like it... overall.

Now for lips... if you want a drugstore red lipstick that will last you all day you need the Maybelline Superstay 24 Color lipstick in the shade Keep Up The Flame. This is sooo longlasting and it's just really nice.

If you're looking for a red lip liner- I use the Nyx Slide on Glide on in Brick House. This is a super nice red... and I just love the formula of these!

White 

Onto the cousin of the Maybelline Superstay 24 Color lipsticks- the Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink. These are awesome- they will stay on all day and... I just like them a lot! There's a red in this too that wears as well if not better than the other red that I mentioned. They have Voyager and Pioneer as their dark red colors and I love them... but overall... just a great product and I recommend trying it out.

The whole inspiration for this post are the Nyx Jumbo Pencils... most specifically the one in Milk. This is just a really nice primer... it doesn't always make products last all day... but it is pretty darn good and it makes colors stand out a lot. It's nice! It's easy to use too. I had a finger injury when I rediscovered it and this was the only primer I could really get to work.


Colourpop anything is also pretty spectacular. Their Matte X Lippie Sticks are really nice and they come in the white packaging. A lot of their palettes have white packaging too- I have the Yes Please Palette and I need to use that one more... for some reason as good as the palette is...I don't use it enough! The colors are my types of colors too... so I definitely need it in my life more... I'll make a point to do a look with it... maybe I'll use it for a week or something I don't know. Lol. Expect to see it on here or on youtube sometime in the future!

2 more great palettes with white packaging... the Lorac Mega Pro 3. This is my favorite of the Mega Pros that I have (right now I have all except for 2) and the Persona palette from Sona Gasparin. I don't know if you can get either of these anymore... maybe you can still get the persona palette... I've seen it on sale every now and then. It's a perfect neutral palette. Same with the Mega Pro 3... very big- lots of color selections. It's pretty!

And last but not least... my Number 1 product recommendation of the year: The Milani Prime Light Primer. This is a life saver! It's just such a good primer and it just works really well for me. I have dry skin- this helps my foundation stay on all day without drying out. I don't really think I'll go back to using a different primer... I just pretty much like this one and that is it... so this is my thing and I'm happy with it. Not the cheapest primer from the drugstore... but it's still from the drugstore and it's a really nice primer!

Blue 

Can we just take a moment to remember Sally Hansen Pacific Blue... the original version before they changed it. That was the most perfect nail polish ever... and it still makes me sad that they changed it.

Another blue pick is the Too Faced Melted lipstick in Who's Zoomin Who... I don't always wear blue lipstick, but I think it looks super cute whenever I do! Which is pretty much on Halloween... lol.


I also kind of want to mention the Too Faced Clover Palette. This isn't exactly the same blue as the flag... but I thought I would mention it anyway because it is the most blue palette that I have. It's super versatile and I just really like it. You can get a lot of different looks with the palette... and I haven't used it in a while... but that's another one I'm going to have to use sometime soon! 

Okay... I think that is everything! I hope you guys like this post! I wanted to do a makeup look or my finish 4 by Fourth of July... but I just kind of thought of this idea and had to go with it!

Bye! 
-Shannon 

Comments