Windowshopping Sephora: Haircare

Okay... this is kind of a funny story. So recently I've been watching the new Queer Eye... and I LOVE that show! I have a review on it on my other blog right here.

Anyway since watching that- I've been following all the new Fab 5 on Instagram and liking pretty much all of their posts because they are amazing. I actually just followed the original Fab 5 on Instagram too because they are also amazing... but I've been liking a lot from Jonathan Van Ness- the Grooming expert. (He's just jvn on instagram- super easy to find.)

And since I've been liking all of his stuff I noticed a difference in the advertisements I've been shown from sephora when I'm scrolling through facebook or on youtube or whatever... and instead of just seeing makeup- I've been seeing A LOT of ads for haircare... so I needed to window shop because... there's a lot of stuff I want!

One thing Catching my attention right now is the Summer Hair Saviors kit... this is something I think I really want. It has all sorts of brands and it's only $38 right now... I would think maybe it will go on sale at the end of the summer... This has some products from Verb- which is what I'm currently using for Shampoo and Conditioner- It has stuff from Briogio, Moraccan Oil, DevaCurl, Ouai, Living Proof and more. This has a lot of sea salt stuff... which isn't bad... but it is something that I think I have a lot of and don't use enough. Still- these are from better brands so they may work a little better...

Speaking of sea Salt Sprays, Here's the verb Make Waves Kit. I think my sister actually got this- so hopefully this is good. It comes with a good sized shampoo and conditioner and a sea spray for $40... so that's not bad. This is a good time of year to try that.

The gorgeous packaging award goes to this Ouai Sun of A Beach Ombre Spray. This has a nice, holographic looking packaging and it's a heat activated ombre spray. It's supposed to bring out your natural highlights... it sort of looks like a fancy version of Sun In... not sure if that would be good for me... but it looks super pretty. They have a demo on the site so you can see how to use it better.

Next up we have a Rose Quartz Energy Comb which is $160! I was going to buy this until I saw the price tag... lol. I love crystals and this is a beautiful comb that is supposed to give you loving energy and help your hair that way I guess... they compare it to a jade face roller on the site. I think this is probably mostly for the sake of beauty and maybe not the most practical comb ever... but it is gorgeous. If this ever goes on sale or if I win the lottery or win a sephora gift card or something- I might get this! I'm curious... but I'm not about to pay $160 for it!

I feel a little boujee wanting this... but there is a Slip Large Scrunchy 3 pack that looks pretty good for me. It's $39... and I really can't call myself a fashion blogger and wear a scrunchy outside of my house... but these might help hold my hair in place gently without losing the curl. I like my satin lined caps for that... but sometimes that is just a little bit too much for the hot weather.

So that is everything! I hope you guys found this helpful or interesting!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments