Dupe or Dopey: Makeup Review- XX Revolution (Makeup Revolution? Revolution Pro?) Complexxion Face Palette in Gravitate

 Alright so I just got this... but I feel like I have enough experience with it that I can tell you guys how I feel about it! 

So this looks like an Hourglass Ambient Lighting type of dupe. It's NOTHING like that so... that's what I figured but I don't even think its a fair comparison. The packaging looks similar but that is the only similarity. Was I disappointed in that? A little. I had kind of bought it in the hopes that it would be a dupe- but knowing it probably wasn't quite a dupe... and it really wasn't. But that doesn't mean it's not good. 

The thing I was kind of expecting was for this to be subtle like the hourglass products... and it's not subtle. Particularly the bronzer. The bronzer is very warm and a little bit of this goes a long way. I have a hard time using this- I think I need a more tapered fluffy brush with it- I thought a really fluffy brush would have blended it better but... it doesn't. Light hand and small fluffy brush. 

The blush color is also really pretty. It is a bright pink blush and it lasts a long time. I don't really think that this is something that goes with every kind of look- but it does look nice with a neutral look which is what I usually do. As long as you blend it out it's pretty okay. 

And the highlight is probably my favorite part of the palette because this is kind of something that's a little subtle but it's still very bright! It's good it doesn't make my skin look icky and I just like it. 

What I do love about this palette is that this is really easy to use. I use blush palettes so much more than single blushes because it just works easier. Plus this one is nice and compact so it's easy to bring with you anywhere you need to go! 

And that's my review! Hope you guys like it. Overall it's not Dopey- it's not a Dupe though. I don't really think I'd call any makeup product "Dopey" but... I've heard dupe or don't before and I haven't heard dupe or dopey lol. And I do describe things as dopey... just not makeup lol. I don't think this is a must buy... but I do like it and if you're looking for a cheap and easy blush palette- this is a good option. It even has a mirror! I don't think this is the best affordable blush palette out there... but it's definitely worth the low price tag! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments