Monday Musts: First Week of March 2015

Heyyy everyone. So This is going to be what I call my weekly favorites now. I just did a faces of the week post and there were a lot of winners in that that I don't think I mentioned in my Monthly Favorites post... so I'm just going to talk about it here.

First off I want to mention the Lorac Pro 2 palette. I love this palette and I use it all the time. I hadn't been using it that much lately because I wanted to show some other palettes a little bit of love and I wanted to do more drugstore looks... but there is a reason why I use this like all the time. At first I had a hard time coming up with looks with this, but then I realized, I don't need a ton of looks with this... I can just do easy and basic everyday looks. Its so easy to use and I just really like it. I'm considrering buying the original palette and/or the unzipped palettes sometime in the near future because I know I'm going to get a ton of use out of it. You kind of need a primer with these for them to last a long time, but I like wearing primers with my shadows anyway, so it makes sense to me. Its just a fun palette and its really different and I've been liking it a lot.

I've also been liking my Maybeline color tattoo in Bad to The Bronze. I'm almost done with it, thats how much I've used it. I've had it for quite a while too, and it isn't completely dried out or anything. Its just a really basic everyday type of primer from the drugstore that really goes with a lot of looks. I really love it.

I've talked about my Pixi Ultimate Beauty 2 palette a ton... but this week I've really been digging the cheek shades in it. The highlighters show up really well on my cheekbones. And its easy to use because its nice and powdery but not chalky. I feel with the Elf highlights its easier to use my fingers than a brush because it gets a nicer placement... but I feel like I can use any type of brush with these and it works. I really like it. I've been using one of the shades that kind of looks purple but its really more of a contour type of color on my skin as a contour and I've been liking that. Its easy to do a contour that way. The blushes aren't my favorite blushes in the world, but I've still been using them a lot and they do show up just the right amount. I think they would look good on top of a cream blush probably. I mixed a couple of them today and I'm really liking how it looks.

Another thing I've kind of been neglecting lately, but I've been enjoying it a lot is the Kat Von D Immortal Lash Mascara. I kind of hate wands like this, but it is easy to control it and get some lashes that I miss and stuff like that. I thought the wand was a total gimmick at first and I didn't like it, but the more I've been using it the more I think "wow this really works." The unfortunate thing is that I have a sample and idk if I'd buy the full size when I run out because its expensive and I think of it more as like a second mascara than anything... but I have really been liking it and even on its own its been good.

The Maybeline Babyskin has also become a favorite of mine. I mentioned this in my Monthly favorites, but I figure I might as well mention it here because I've really been using it more this week than this month. Its a lot like the Benefit Porefessional, I think even the ingredient list is very similar. I think the Porefessional blurs pores a little bit better because it is tinted so it has a tiny bit of coverage to it... but sometimes that can look a little cakey because its a little like wearing two foundations. But I've been liking it under the Rimmel Radiance BB Cream. It is quite good like that.

While were at it, the Maybeline Babylips Dr. Rescue in Berry Soft is really a nice lip color. I'm wearing it today and it kind of goes with every eye look and its just a little bit of pigment, but its nice enough that it looks really good on.

Another lip product I've been loving is Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. This is a nice everyday color thats a little darker. I really like it. Both of these lip products look similar, they're a bit berry/mauveish... but I like them a lot.

And I've been getting a ton of use out of my Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous powder lately. I have dry skin, but I feel like this works enough to not look cakey. Even though its supposed to be a powder foundation, I feel like it works lightly enough as a finishing powder and it also helps to kind of blur the appearance of pores. Really good overall.

And I want to mention three Bath and Body Works sprays I've been liking lately... I'm not going to say much about them because I'm posting more about it on Thursday... but Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Flower, and Wild Honeysuckle are all really good. They're floraly... they're older scents that they're bringing back for a limited time. I find them a bit stronger than their other scents and they last a little longer to me... but I'll probably post more about them on Thursday, so stay tuned. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments