How To-sday: St. Patricks Day Green Look

So I figured why not do a St. Patricks Day look, and I was going to go to a St. Patricks day parade this weekend... but I felt sick and it was snowing soooo I stayed home and today I'm not doing anything at all... but its Tuesday. So why not where Crazy Make Up? Lol.

Face: 

This isn't too exciting but I did too much face make up because I thought I knew how to contour and I don't think I'm there yet lol. I put on Benefit's Porefessional, Rimmel's Radiance BB Cream, Benefit Erase Paste and the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous powder. Not all in that order, but you know how to do your make up, I don't need to tell you what to do lol.

Then I contoured with a darker blush from my Pixi Ultimate Beauty 2 palette and I tried to do it professsionally. I saw Shades of Kassie on youtube contour like a pro in her review of Too Faced Cocoa Contour... I don't think it worked. And I don't think this blush is one for contouring... but whatev. I blended the crap out of it so it sort of looks like a contour but it looks normal all around... so that is a good thing. I highlighted with one of the highlights from this palette also. They all look pretty much the same, so idk which one. And Then I took a blush from Elfs light blush palette, the top left one to be exact and just added a bit of that on. And then I decided to add some of Elf's whipped highlight on top cause why not. I highlighthed on my nose and forehead to I think with the pixi highlight... idk lol.

Eyes: 

I primed with Lorac's behind the scenes primer and went back into the Pixi palette. I took a mint green shade all over the lid. Put the warm matte brown camely color that is on top of it in the crease. Then I went in with the shimmery army type green next to the minty color on the outer corner and I liked it a lot so I brought it in a little more. And then I took the matte army green shade under it and also put that on the outer corner to deepen it a bit more.

I lined under the lower lashline with Stila's mint julep and it looked awful... so then I just moved it to my waterline and it looks quite a bit better. I used Kat Von D's immortal lash mini. I got this in a kit with other Kat Von D stuff and I didn't think I'd like it but I love it. It is available as a 100 point perk on Sephora's website right now. If its in stores I may trade in my points for some back ups. I think I have like 300 points right now... so yeah that may need to be what I do. The wand is like spikey and looks gimmicky and I thought I would hate it... but it really gives you control over the wand and I really like that. Its a little spidery looking, but you can get the ends of your lashes to look flared out and flirty looking, which is my jam, so I'm happy about that. I have long lashes, I do brag about it because there isn't much else about me to brag about lol.

Lips: 

I just kind of grabbed whatever was around so I ended up using Maybeline's Babylips in Pink Shock. And then I was smelling gummy bears in my room and I was like "What the hell? Where are the Gummy Bears? I do not have gummy bears in this room but I smell straight up gummy bears." And it was creeping me out because I think the government is watching everything we do... and then I realized it was probably the babylips... yes confirmed it is. That smells AMAZING! I use the Dr. Rescue babylips so much I didn't even notice! Wowwwww. That is good.

Sooo yeahhh... I don't know that I will have pictures of this because its dark out and the lighting really sucks in my room. I hate that. The only reason I put make up on was to take a pic of it and post it here... and now I can't so it sucks. I'll try to take a pic and post it sometime soon, but right now I'm just going to say I really like the look. It doesn't look all that green, but it makes my eyes look a little more brown and I like the way it looks. If you use a green cream shadow or something, that would look really pretty, I don't have any green cream shadows... but yeah. I'm happy with the look.

Byeeee!
_Shannon

UPDATE: 

The lighting in my bathroom actually showed the look a little better, so I took some pics. But, its weird cause the background of the bathroom looks green and it isn't. One of those "Blue and Black" "Yellow and Gold" things maybe? I hope I'm not memed for this.


This is entirely too much make up for my everyday look of me just chillin in my house, so I probably won't rock this much longer, but I will rock the eye look on St. Patrick's day. Lol.

Byeee again!
-Shannon

Comments