Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Events I think look good...

Soooo Ulta usually does 2 of their 21 days of beauty events where they have discounts on high end make up, and their drugstore brands have good deals and their high end brands have free gifts with purchase. It always looks like something I really want to try... but I never actually have purchased anything from this sale before. I'm not sure if I'm going to purchase anything from this event or not... but I wanted to highlight some things I think are interesting. Plus let you know what things I've tried and liked and basically what I can kind of recommend. There are like 2 or 3 things I am seriously thinking about getting... everything else is kind of meh probably won't get it but thats cool that they're doing it type of things. This is just what I thought looked cool and was super informative.

Also I'm posting a lot about Ulta lately... I just like the store. I've been testing their in-house brand a little bit more and I love that they have drugstore and high end make up. I think they have more cruelty free brands than Sephora... which is something I value... although I don't use all cruelty free products. And they have a little of everything. Bath, skincare, make up. Stuff like that. Pretty cool.

These events start on Sunday which is March 15th. They have a calendar on their website... I'm just posting the things I think look cool.

On March 16th they are having Stila Smudgesticks that are Buy one Get one free. That is a pretty good deal, it would cost $40 for both, this makes it only $20. I really like the Stila Smudgesticks because they're creamy, you can use it in the waterline, on the lower lashline or on the upper lashline. They last a long time, they have so many cool colors. This is a pretty cool one if you like eyeliner. I don't use eyeliner all that often... but these are nice.

On March 17th there is some sort of Tarte lash kit for $10. I like the Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara or lights camera lashes or whatever its called. This is like that but I think its more of an extension kit... I have a lot of mascaras right now, and I really liked the Tarte mascara, but there are others I like more... so I probably won't be getting this one... although it is one of their better deals.

On March 19th... I almost don't want to tell anyone this one, because bitches be cray over this... Butter London polishes are $9 each. I've never tried Butter London polishes... I've heard some people say they are amazing, some people say they're overpriced and overrated... I think none of these are life changing the way the old Sally Hansen Pacific Blue or the Wet n Wild On A Trip are... those are... the best... plus affordable. Ugh, I wish Ulta sold Wet n Wild. Anyhoo yeah this is something you might want to check out... also $9 is still a lot for nail polish... and its not that discounted... so idk. They do this event in the Fall also and sometimes they have BOGO Free polishes or a better discount... so meh. Its interesting, but really I don't need nail polish. Lol.

On March 21st there is a sale on a true Holy Grail product of mine. The Urban Decay Primer Potions are 50% off. These will make your shadows last all day and they're super super good. This is probably my favorite primer. I'm probably not going to get it, because I've had a travel sized Primer potion for months that is only $12 and I haven't made a dent in it at all... and I have 2 full sized Too Faced Shadow Insurance primers and a bunch of cream shadows. So this is a great product... but I'm fine with the travel sized.

On March 22nd Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer is on sale for $15. This is a good primer. Bunny aka Graveyardgirl just mentioned that the Primed and Poreless powder is wonderful. If the powder were to go on sale, I would have bought it... but I have a lot of primers right now and The Drugstore has been killing it with their primer game lately. The Hangover Rx primer is one I really want to try... but right now this is good.

On March 26th Stila's Vinyl Lip Glosses are on sale for $12. I kind of wanted to try their stay all day liquid lipstick and I thought that is what was on sale... this is cool too I guess. Stila is a good brand and I'm happy they have a few events here... but meh. $12 for a lipgloss is still expensive.

March 29th has one of the events I might have to take advantage of. On Black Friday Lorac released a really pretty rose goldy type of palette that was small and only $15. Its so pretty. I love Lorac eyeshadows... I'm bummed that I'm pretty sure they test on animals... but either way I think this is going to be something I get. It would be a good gift to give too, I think its really cute. Plus its a high end good quality brand that is the same price as the L'oreal Le palette or whatever it is. This is probably cheaper too!

March 31st is something that I've heard good things about. Its a Laura Gellar Baked Highlight and brush for $15. I think its the highlight in French Vanilla... it doesn't actually say on the website or in the catalogue, which I'm looking at now. If it is French Vanilla, I've heard a lot of people rave about this, it is good for setting concealer... so that might be something to look into. Idk if I really want it... but its a nice value. The brush I think is double ended too and one side would be good for highlighting the face and the other would be good for highlighting on the eyes. I've heard Wet N Wild's single shadow in Creme Brulee is a good dupe for it... idk.

April 1st is another one I'm excited about... plus its on the more affordable side so that is awesome. The Too Faced Perfect Flush Blushes are on sale for $15. They are usually $30 and I've heard good things about them... plus the packaging is adorable. I love Too Faced as a brand... so I think this sounds pretty cool. I may get two... lol probably not, but who knows... lol.

April 2nd is the one I would probably do above anything else. The Full sized Tarte Maricuja oil is available for $25! I still have my sample from December... I love this stuff. There are a lot of good ways to use it... I like using it before bed as a moisturizer, but I've used it in my hair and stuff before too. I haven't really thought about purchasing the full size because it is $46... which is expensive. Especially when the sample has lasted me so long... so yeah. That is one I would recommend.

On April 3rd there are a couple interesting offers, that I know I won't get... but I thought I would mention them. There is an It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Correcting cream that is on sale for $16. Idk I feel like I've heard people say "ohhh this stuff is amazing it covers all the redness" and other people say "meh. It's okay." Its interesting, and I love the eyeshadow Palette I have from It Cosmetics... but probably not. There is another event listed that I'm not sure if it is online only or available in stores... but it is the Bliss Far Girl Sixpack. 1) I hate this name. Fat is a bad name to call someone and I don't really want to spend a lot of money on something that calls me fat. Girls are insecure already. I feel like there are similar "ab cheating" products for men and none of them have the word fat in it. Plus its false advertisement. Using this won't give you a sixpack it will just tone you a little more. But 2) I remember Michelle Phan or someone big on youtube used it and I think she said she couldn't tell if it was actually working what it said it was doing, but I think she liked it and thought it was kind of a cool toning product. Idk. I can't really get past the name thing though... its not cool.

I also want to mention that I'm sure Michelle Phan mentioned that you can't just use this product and expect a six pack. Also Michelle Phan is skinnier than me, so it may work differently on her than it does on me or anyone else.... plus no way in hell am I showing my stomach out in public. I'm fabulous and everything, and if you wear crop tops and stuff like that... go you! You look super cute in it likely, its just not my thing. I get cold and I don't think they make them for larger chested ladies.

Anyhoo April 4th is a deal on a Smashbox primer. The Photo finish foundation primer and its $18. Not something I'm super interested in, I hear the Maybeline Master Primes are just as good... but Smashbox is cool. so thats a cool thing. Also free brow wax from Benefit... thats pretty cool. Idk if every Ulta has a benefit salon tho and I'm sure there will be a long line cause bitches love their eyebrows... but if you get there when the store opens, that would be a cool thing.

And now lets see the cool free gifts they have...

Bareminerals has a free complexion rescue sample with a $35 purchase. Smashbox has a free make up bag and lipgloss with a $35 purchase .Tarte  has a free lipgloss and face bronzer thingy with a $30 purchase. Urban Decay has free deluxe samples of their glide on eyeliner and All Nighter setting spray w/ a $35 purchase. Too Faced has a free shadow insurance, Better than sex mascara and eyeliner with a $35 purchase... which is cool because many of their palettes and sets are $36, here it shows a Cat Eyes palette that comes with some bonus items and a new Matte Neutral palette, which I have heard is pretty good. It cosmetics has a free brow power thing with a $30 purchase.... pretty much every high end brand has gifts with purchase that you don't need to spend a gagillion dollars to get.

Nyx is also BOGO Half, which is cool because I want to try their new HD Foundation and contour kit. I was going to go to sephora and see if they had any good full coverage foundations for dry skin... but the only thing I've heard is good is the Make Up Forever HD, which is expensive and I believe is tested on animals. Nyx is cruelty free. Its a little expensive for a drugstore brand... but its still less expensive than Make Up Forever. The Contour kit I've heard mostly bad reviews on... but I've seen it applied and it looked good. I still don't know how to contour... but I think this sounds cool. This is also quite expensive for drugstore... its not all that much cheaper than the Too Faced one I've been eyeing... but yeah. It might be something worth checking out.

And I might have totally bored you by now... but there are some cool kits from Smashbox, Tarte, Urban Decay and It Cosmetics that I guess are limited edition for around the time of these 21 days... worth checking out if you want to try high end brands. The most expensive is $39 I believe for the Smashbox... but it does come with enough stuff for the price to make sense... so yeah.

This might be the most boring post ever, but I'm tired and my foot hurts... as does the rest of me because I'm old now I guess... so that is a thing. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments