My Everyday "Bright Eyes" look: 2 ways

So I've been kind of rocking this look a lot lately and its really pretty and it make your eyes look bright and I just like it. It may not be anything revolutionary or good... but I like it! So I thought you might too.

I'm going to do it 3 different ways also. There is one way I've been doing it that uses a mix of drugstore and high end and its slightly more colorful and another That is using the Maybeline Nudes palette. I just got this because... idk why. Lol I have a lot of palettes and when it came out it got mixed reviews and I was like "meh I won't use it that much" but it does have really nice gold colors and I've been into sort of mixing light tones, rose gold tones, gold tones and even plums... and This could work for that.

So here is the slightly more colorful version: I prime my eyes with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and then I put on Ulta's cream eyeliner in Rose Gold. You don't really need the primer underneath... but it helps. The Ulta Cream Shadow is a little creamy and slightly creases I think. If you don't live near an Ulta or want a slightly cheaper alternative, Maybeline's Inked in Pink also works.

Then I take Urban Decay's Sin and put it all over my lid. This is similar to Stila's Kitten and I actually have a whole list of dupes right here. Its a popular shimmery highlight that is easy to find. I like this formula because its soft, it lasts a long time, its pigmented and easy to blend... and it applies nicely with my fingers. Than I take a gold color, I've been using Ulta's Copper Bronze lately. I also like Amber Rush from loreal and I put that just on the outer edge of the eye. I usually use my finger to put this in as well. I just really like the intensity of the gold with it and it just works really well. And then I've been putting Ulta's eyeshadow in Eggplant. This is just a dark plum and I put that in the crease and blend. Then use whatever mascara you'd like, I used Ulta's Amped Lashes and that is it.

And I really like the way this looks all together. I love the mix of these colors and the pop of color in the crease and I just think it looks really good all together. Kind of like a sunset. Theres a purpley pink that shifts into a golden warm color... just really nice all together. I like shimmery colors in the outer edge of the eye just because shimmers tend to be easier to use and it just gives a nice ombre effect and I like it.

For extra eye-openingness, a nude or rose gold color in the waterline or and some lower lash mascara.

I'm excited to try the Nudes Palette right now... I've heard mixed things about it... but I think I can make it work. My friend has it and she does a lot of really gorgeous golden bronzey looks. I think she said she liked one of the Nyx Love In Paris Palettes better and those are around the same price range... and I think they have the same amount of colors... but Nyx can be a little harder to find at times I guess... so this is a good option too... well probably, I'll let you know. Lol.

So I played around with this a little bit... and I think its actually not bad. And when applying it, I actually really liked it. For this look that I've been doing, its actually perfect. I liked the matte shadows a lot, I thought the matte crease colors worked really well in the crease... and I was pleasantly surprised by this!

So I primed my eyes with UD and the Rose Gold cream shadow from Ulta again. I used a matte creamy colored shade, its the third shade in the top row of the palette. I thought that made the color for the shimmer "Sin" type of shade, which I used the white shade that is the second to last on the bottom row. Its next to the matte black. I just popped that right on top all over the lid. I didn't have any issues layering this with the matte shade... but I layered it over the other white shimmery shade in the palette and it looked a little cheap... so just be warned. I then put a bit of the gold shade that is the third on the bottom on the outer edge... and that wasn't quite doing it for me so I put a bit of the bronzey shade which is 4th in the top row next to it. It worked nicely. I used one of the matte browns in the crease... I forget which one it was, I think it was in the top row... but you know. Any would work, they all work really well in the crease. I just used that cheap brush that came in the Ulta freebies bag and I actually love that for the crease. It does a really good job of getting the pigmentation and getting it precise in the crease... so that is cool.

I think I used the first color in the palette to highlight my browbone... I forget.

I also put L'oreal's Silkissimme highlighter shade in my waterline... but it bothered me later and I wiped it off. I also used Ulta's Twice as Nice Mascara,  but it started to look cray for some reason. I feel like when I don't get all my make up off, my mascara gets really clumpy fast... that probably happened... but then I removed it and used the Ulta Amped Lashes... and I put the twice as nice on my lower lashes... but my lower eyelids have been bothering me lately... so I took it off. Lol.

I really like both these looks. It gives a really nice bright look to the eyes, and its just kind of different I feel like. I love using a pop of color on the lid, and it just looks pretty and bright to me, so that's what I've been liking lately. Plus its super easy to recreate because these are easy colors to find in any palette or individual shadow.

The only pics I have right now are from the Nudes palette... but I will probably do the other look or some form of it soon.



Byeeee!
-SHannon

P.S I was going to do this with the new L'oreal palettes... but I've tried 2 different ways of doing this and it just hasn't worked right.. so I'll be playing a little more with that and I will give you a review if it works. So far, the only thing that makes those eyeshadows stay on my eyes is the UD Primer Potion... so yeah.

Byeee for realz!
-Shannon

Comments