Review: Pixi By Petra Glow Mist with Propolis and Argan Oil

So Pixi is a band that is a little overlooked... Its only available in Target or Online, in the US at least. Hautelook too every once and a while. Its also not totally unaffordable... but I'd consider it more on the Mid-Range end than Drugstore. Its a bit pricey, so I haven't really tried anything from them until recently.

So this glow mist is a setting spray that I guess is based on their glow tonic kind of, which I've heard good things about. It is $15... not cheap for drugstore. It is made without Parabens, mineral oil, synthetic colors,synthetic fragrances, sulfate detergents, DEA,TEA,or phthalates and not tested on animals. Idk what most of those things are, but that seems good.

On the back of the bottle it gives some uses. Before Make Up it hydrates, protects and nourishes. After Make Up it sets, adds a dewey finish and protect, anytime it refreshes and to use it you just shake and mist.

First Impression on face: 

I used it with L'oreal's Infallible Pro Matte Foundation. I applied it before using blush, bronzer and those goodies and then again after. The Infallible Foundation is supposed to be very matte and dry looking on dry skin... I had dry skin and this just made it look more radiant and perfected. It didn't make me super dewey or anything, but if you're very oily... idk how this would be for you. It is made with Argan Oil, so if you like Argan oil, then this might be good. Someone on Tati's aka Glamlifeguru on youtube... actually I think she changed her name to just Tati Westbrook on youtube... but still. She's glamourous and will guru your life lol. Anyway on her app I asked if the L'oreal foundation was good for dry skin and someone told me to mix it with an oil like Josie Maran's Argan oil... so I saw this had Argan oil in it and that kind of sold me. Lol.

It has a scent to it that is a little citrusy... that worried me a little bit because Citrus scents tend to bother me... but this is like an actual citrus scent, not a phony one... so I don't think its going to affect me. It smells good . The mister looks nicer than the Nyx one... I'm not sure if its solving my problems I had with that tho... it still ends up giving me a lot in one area of my face. It doesn't work as badly when I do that though. Like my make up didn't completely break up or anything... so that is good.

First Impression for eyes: 

The L'oreal La Palette Nude 1 needed a little help with the pigmentation of some of their colors... so I decided to play around with it and see if it worked. I wasn't going to do this because I thought it might bother my eyes... but the label didn't say "WARNING KEEP OUT OF EYES" or anything and it seemed to have good ingredients and the scent was natural, so I just wet a spongetip applicator and dipped it into the shadow... and it worked well. My eyes are not hurting me and pigmentation was good. Idk if it would still need primer even cause I feel like this would help the wear of the shadow also... idk. I'll try that some more maybe. It seems to work though... so I like that.

Today I sprayed a lot of this on my face and I feel like it didn't get too sticky or weird or anything. I was wearing the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation... which is very matte for a dry skin person and this made it look a little normal. Yesterday I was thinking it might have been breaking up the make up by my nose, but today I'm thinking that might just be the way I applied it. Overall I think it made my skin look glowy and more radiant, so overall I really like it and will continue to use it. I know I maybe haven't used it quite enough to get a full review from this... but this isn't something where I think I really need to wait for results. My face looked glowy all of a sudden after I used this... I don't really need to speculate as to what it was. It also has a nice nozzle for spraying and it has a refreshing smell to it that isn't too bad. I think if it were to break me out, I would have probably seen it by now... and it didn't so that is a good thing, and hopefully it stays that way!

Haven't tried it with any foundations except the L'oreal Infallible... but I'm guessing it would look good with more matte foundations and a little too dewy with dewy foundations... so yeah.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments