First Thoughts on Loreal La Palette Nude 1&2

So I've recently become kind of obsessed with Drugstore Make Up Palettes... basically from hearing of the existence of these. I went to Harmon on Friday the 13th... not there. I went to Ulta that same day... not there. Went to Harmon again that following Tuesday. They are there. Praise Gosh and Jeepers... (any Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt fans here? Watch it now, cause show is funny and Kimmy rocks some adorable purple lips.)

Anywhoo I haven't gotten to use these on my eyes yet... but I've played around and I have some thoughts on it already... so right now I'm going to just post some information you may want to know about it and my first impressions of the swatches and maybe playing around with it on my eyes. I'm going to do a fuller impression on it after I've used it a little more. 

A Little Info: 

I found both of these at Harmon, which is basically Bed Bath and Beyond but mostly make up and beauty. They are 16.29 each there, at Wall Mart they're $15 and I believe these are at Target now... no idea how much they are there, but probably closer to the $15 range. When it hits Wallgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid, it will likely be about $20... In my mind this is more Mid-Range than Drugstore as are most of L'oreal's products lately... but its still pretty good. (I consider "drugstore" make up to be the affordable products at the drugstore. I would consider brands like Sonia Kashuk, Pixi, Ulta and certain Loreal products mid range. I think of brands like Urban Decay and Too Faced as High End. And things like Chanel or Tom Ford I'd consider luxury... in case you were wondering... lol.) I love Harmon because you can use coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond for your purchase... even expired coupons. I used a $5 off $15 coupon for each and it ended up being $12.08 after tax. Not too bad. 

There are 10 shades in each palette, there is a mirror... but its not really a usable mirror. Idk its longer and skinny at the top... and I could have done without it. If they made it $12 without a mirror, that would be cool. It also comes with a little double ended brush thing. One side is a sponge tip applicator and one side is a little brush. Its a little bit like the Ulta crease brush that I got as a freebie when I got the other Ulta products... and I love that brush because it really packs in shadow super precisely on the crease... so thats cool. 

The packaging overall is really good. It looks pretty chic and nice, you can see all of the colors and it says clearly La Palette Nude 1 and La Palette Nude 2. On the Lorac Pro 2 palette, I always kind of wish they had a 2 on the packaging... just cause I feel like it isn't that grey. I think it might be confusing to distinguish if you already owned the Lorac Pro palette... so yeah lol. 

There are also some guides on the back for different looks you can use... which is cool. Nude 1 is more warm toned. Nude 2 is more pink and berry toned. There are some mauves in the palette. Nude 1 has 3 mattes... no matte browbones. Nude 2 has 6 mattes including a light matte that you could use as a browbone shade. There are no matte blacks in either one... which might have been helpful... but I never use matte blacks... so yeah. 


The Nude 1 is also arranged weirdly. Usually palettes kind of go from light to dark or put colors together that would go well together next to each other... this one kind of doesn't do that. There are still a lot of colors that go together near each other, but there are 2 bright colors that are the 2 last shades in the palette... and I feel like thats a little weird. Lol. Idk.

I'll show some pictures here.
Both palettes... badly lit but you can see the packaging at least. 

< See the little double ended spongebrush thingy? 

< Look at the tiny mirror! It would be hard to use right? 



Playing Around 


From Swatching, Nude 2 showed up more true to color than Nude 1. Nude 2 was super pigmented and showed up exactly how it looks in the palette. Nude 1 was a little bit lighter... keep in mind, I just swatched with my finger the first time. The second time I swatched with the spongetip applicator and it looked more pigmented. I feel like Nude 1 will still work well on your eyes. I couldn't really get a good picture of the swatches... otherwise I would include it. 

Also the texture of these are really nice. Idk how to describe it. Its soft, but not too soft. To me they feel a little softer than if you were to swatch the Urban Decay shades... but still harder than the Lorac eyeshadows. It feels a lot like the Urban Decay matte shadows. 

I also think these will work really well together. Lately I've been loving mixing golds, rose golds and perfect... so both of these palettes are great for that. I also think they're good companion palettes because there are a lot of matte options. Even though the Nude 1 only has 3 mattes, they're all very different matte browns that could give you totally different looks or you could use them for totally different things. If you had some of the Loreal Infallable eyeshadows and you used some of the matte shades from either of these palettes, you could come up with some great looks. 

La Palette 2 is quite similar to Urban Decay's Naked 3... which I have. The third color is a dupe for Nooner, which is one of my favorite crease colors. 7 is a dupe for factory. 2 looks a little like a more golden version of Burnout... which is probably my favorite shade in the palette. There are a lot of similarities... wow. I'm happy for this because I think they'll be good companion palettes sort of. There are sooo many great shimmers in the Naked 3 palette, and there aren't that many shimmers in the Nude 2... So I feel like they will work well together. 

Like how they're saying the Too Faced new Natural Eyes Matte palette is a companion to the original Natural Eyes Palette, but with all matte colors... thats how I think this is. You could totally use the super shimmery shades with the matte shades of the La Palette and get a really good look. 

I did actually put a few colors on my eyes too and they did look really nice on the lid. The colors I used in the La Palette 2 were really good, pigmented, blendable easy to use... and the La Palette 1 actually did look a lot nicer on the lid than it looked when I swatched it. I really like the 2nd color in the Nude 1 palette... its like a very light whitish gold... its amazing.

And yeah... the little brush it came with worked well with the crease. And the crease colors were the kind that I like where they're super pigmented... but not too too much where its like "woahhh thats a dark crease." So yeah it didn't darken up the look too much.

So yeah thats cool. I can't wait to use these some more. So far I'd say pick these up. They're worth the $15 and if you coupon right, you can get them for a little less... so that is awesome. 

Comments