Faces of the Week: March 16th 2015-March 21st

Monday

Face: I put a little bit of Tarte's maricuja oil on my face to prep, then used Maybeline's Babyskin primer and The Smashbox Photo Ready BB Cream. I used Benefit's Erase Paste for concealer and also from Benefit the Rockateur blush. For a highlight, Physicians formula shimmer strip in Malibu Strip... and Nyx Dewey Finish Setting spray anddddd the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Powder. 

Eyes: I used Maybeline's Bad To The Bronze and then used The Nudes Palette. I used the Gold powder that is third on the bottom all over my lid. This is probably my favorite color in the palette. And then I used the color next to it in the crease. It was a little more satin than matte... but it came out nice. I used the fourth color in the top row on the outer edge of my eye and then I put a bit of the first color on the inner corner and a bit of the inner third of my lid. And I put the Silkissime eyeliner in the color Highligher on the waterline. And I used Ulta's Twice as Nice Mascara... a little more carefully and did not get clumps this time! I used it on my upper and lower lashline. 

Lips: Maybeline Babylips in Soothing Sorbet. 


Tuesday

Face - Same BB Cream and Primer as yesterday. I used Ponds Moisturizer beforehand though instead of the Maricuja oil... and I liked it better I think. Hmmm. I used the same blush too actually the Benefit Rockateur. And I highlighted with Benefits Watts Up. 

Eyes- I primed with Urban Decay's Primer potion and then I followed a tutorial from Mrs. Lola Lynn's Naked Go-To look... Which I will link ... but instead of the Naked Palette I used the Coastal Scents Revealed palette filled with Naked and Naked 2 dupes... I followed a Dupe list that was listed on Beauty Broadcast whcih I will link... I'm just going to say the number of the eyeshadows and I'll say what dupes they are for too.

I took #7 which is a dupe for buck all in the crease with my skinny Ulta brush. I then took #2 which is a dupe for Virgin on the browbone. I then took #8 which is similar to Half Baked and put that all over the lid. Then I put number 16 in the outer V. In the look it was Smog that was used... this isn't listed as a dupe for Smog... but it worked. And then I put a bit of #14 in the crease, I believe that is a dupe for Darkhorse. And in MrsLolaLynn's look she smokes out the lower lashline with some colors... I just put Stila's Mint Julep in my waterline because it was St. Patricks Day.

I used Ulta's Twice as Nice Mascara on my lower lashes. I think I like the Amped Up lashes better... but I like that this has the lower lash mascara too... so idk... lol.


Lips- I used Maybeline's Babylips Electro Shock in Shocking Pink I think its called... I forget. The bright pink one. Lol.

Attractive

Wednesday- 

Full disclosure... I'm not loving the make up I did today... and I will probably have a very similar look with this sometime soon... if I haven't posted it already... but nevertheless... I'll let you know what I did so that you don't really do the same thing.

Face- I used Ponds Moisturizing cream to moisturize. Then I used Maybeline's Master Face illuminati whatever to prime... lol. Then I took my Smashbox BB Cream on top of that. I used the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips and applied that on an Elf angled blush brush, I focused mostly on the middle and then highlighted on my cheekbones. This looked a little too dewey so I put some Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous powder over it. I've used these products together quite often and I've liked the results... but you know how you can do something right a million times and then one time you do it wrong... kind of what happened here. I think I didn't apply the BB Cream evenly and the powder made it a little too dry looking... just didn't work. I think I need to apply this BB cream a little better. I've tried this primer with the BB Cream before too and liked it... but idk... this time I just didn't think it worked that well together... and these are all products I recommend... but something about it looked bad today.

Eyes- This is a look I've done a bunch of times before and like I said... there is going to be more on it sometime soon. It doesn't look bad I'm just not thrilled with it. And it happens to be the first day I'm testing the Loreal La Palette 1 &2... so that is kind of an issue.

I don't remember exactly what I used... but I think I know. I know I primed my eyes with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and then went in with Ulta's Rose Gold cream shadow. I used the second shade in the L'oreal La Palette Nude 1 and put that all over my lid. I think I used my finger and then tried the Elf flat shader brush...I think that on top of this cream shadow... its better to just use your finger. Maybe wait for the shadow to dry first... idk.. little messy. I think I used 3&4 in the crease to transition and then I went back in with 9. I used the brush that comes in this palette with the double ended spongebrush thingy for my crease... it didn't work as well as I thought. For this look when I've done it with other shadows I have used the freebie eye brush that came in that Ulta bag I got... and I've loved it... this not so much. Idk if its the brush or the shadows. These are pigmented, so that surprises me... but yeah... not my absolute favorite look. I also went back to the Nude 1 palette and went in with shade #4 which is a more golden shade for the end. That was probably the shade I was most impressed with in this look... but it isn't a huge contrast from the lid shade... which might be because typically I use a white shade for this look.

I also put on Ulta's Amped Lashes mascara and then used L'oreal's Silkissime liner in highlighter.

Lips- Again, this is like my favorite lipgloss... but I had a weird time with it today. The Buxum lipgloss in Shannon. Beautiful color, love the name... but I didn't bring it with me to reapply or anything, so I had it on for hours... and it stayed good for most of the time... but then it just started to feel sooo soo dry. I love the color, I love Buxum... I highly recommend this product, I even drank Starubucks and it stayed on... but just after a while I was super uncomfortable.

So... thats that fail. All good products... but somethin was off... I'll try doing this look again soon. Not even taking a pic, cause its not the worst look... but like I said, I've used these products before and loved them all, I've done this look a million times before and loved it... and this just wasn't it. Lol.

Also I concealed with Benefit's Erase Paste... but I feel like it fell off. Lol.

Also end of the day, I kind of liked it. It wasn't a bad eye look, just not what I wanted or what I was expecting. Maybe it was actually better pigmentation than the other shadows because the Rose Gold didn't really show through the lighter gold shadow. The pictures really didn't show up though... and it wasn't the best day make up wise... so I'm not even going to include it here.

Thursday- 

Face- Switched it up a little bit today because I was too excited to try the new stuff I got. I moisturized the crap out of my face with Ponds Dry Skin Cream and then I went in with L'oreal's infallible pro matte foundation. This is apparently very matte and very full coverage so I dotted it on and spread out the dots and it applied pretty well. I'll try it with a sponge tomorrow... but it worked. Then I realized I didn't use primer and I probably should... so I went in with Maybeline's MasterFace Illuminati as I called it yesterday just on top of my foundation. Then I went in with the new Pixi by Petra glow mist. I then took Ulta's Bronzer on an angled brush that I think I got from ulta and just bronzed a little and then I took the Ulta blush that came in the duo with it and put that on my cheekbones and it looked nice. Then I put more glow mist on. And I just kind of blended the bronzer and blush in more with a large elf powder brush. I also put the Benefit erase paste under my eyes.

Eyes- Went in with Urban Decay's Primer potion and the L'oreal La Palette Nude 1. I took the last shade in the palette all over my lids and then I tried putting some of the taupe shade next to it in the outer edge... but it wasn't really working for that, so I dabbed some of the gold shade that is 4 in the palette and dabbed that more towards the outer edge and in the middle of the eye. Then I mixed 5&6 in my crease. I used Ulta's Amped Lashes mascara and L'oreal's Highlighter silkissmee liner in my waterline.

I put Strawberry Parfait from the Nyx Butter Gloss line on my lips... but I took it off cause I wasn't really going anywhere and I felt silly wearing lipstick for no reason. So I took it off!



Friday: 

Face- I moisturized my face a lot with the Ponds Dry Skin Cream and then I sprayed with the Pixi Glow Mist setting spray. Then I went in with the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation and I dotted it on my face and then spread it around evenly and then I built it up a bit more. Used more of the Glow Mist then went in with my Ulta bronzer on the bronzing areas of the face, then the Sephora blush microsmooth baked blush in guava glow and I highlighted with Benefit's Watts Up. I blended everything in with a large powder brush from ELF and then sprayed again... and I'll probably go in some more before I go out anywhere.  Ohhh and I used the Benefit Concealer too.

this is like the fullest face of make up I've ever done... lol...

Eyes- Primed with UD Primer Potion, then went in with Ulta's Rose Gold Cream Shadow. Then I went into the L'oreal La Palette Nude 2 and I put #9 in my crease. I think I started putting number 3 all over the lid... but I didn't have the desired look, so I went back in with #1 and liked that much better. And I took #7 and put that on the outer part of my lid. I used L'oreal's Highlighter silkissime thingy in my waterline and inner corner. I took Ulta's Twice as Nice Mascara and used the top half on my upper lashes and the bottom on my bottom lashes. I even took some of the Ulta Brow powder and used it in my brows, just on the sparce areas and combed through.

Lips-Right now I have Bite Beauty's Pallimino on... not sure if I'm going to keep this or change... I do have kind of a lot of make up on, so I may switch to Fig... but idk... I feel like I can get away with a bolder lip because of my new hair cut. Plus I'm wearing glasses... idk. Lol, I think I'm keeping it.

Better lighting... looked wayyyy tooo much. I took it off and I feel like it looks a lot better without it. I used Rhubarb instead.






Saturday 


I look half crazy half on fleek... idk... lol. I should have maybe not done my make up today... but I did, and I made it work more or less... still a lil cray.

Face- Moisturized. Pixi by Petra glow mist spray. Primed with Maybeline Mater Prime Illuminati. Sprayed. L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation. Spray. Sephora Microsmooth baked blush in Guava Glow. Spray. At this point I was blending out the blush and reapplying cause it dissapeared a few times and I blended again and it looks mostly normal now. I highlighted with Beneefit's Watts up. I even took some Olay Fresh Effects on top because it was a little too matte. I think using this foundation 3 days in a row has taken a toll on my skin.

Eyes- My eyes I was super happy with. I used the L'oreal La Palette 1 &2... mostly 2. From the 2 I put shade 2 all over my lid and then used 4 in my crease and 5 on the outer edge... I also primed with the Ulta Cream Shadow in Rose Gold before. I took some of #2 in the L'oreal Nude 1 palette in my inner corner and I highlighted with 8 on my browbone. I lined my waterline with L'oreal's highlighter silkissime eyeliner and Mascara'd with the Ulta Twice as nice. Top half on top lashes, bottom half on bottom lashes.

Lips- Bite Rhubarb High Pigment Lip Pencil. Subject to change... and probably will to fig. Lol.



Yeah all of these looks really look the same... lol. I need to find better lighting when I do these or something... I also switched my lip to Buxum's purple lipstick and gloss in Jennifer.

Comments