Everyday Make Up Bag for the week? 2nd Week of March

Soooo I injured myself this week... I actually feel pretty okay now, but I still have a sprain. I moved a tiny make up bag closer to myself so that if I felt like doing make up in case I went anywhere, I could and it would be quick and easy. I actually like doing this and might do it more often... its a good way to get more use out of single shadows.

So yeah I got some Ulta things and some freebies from Ulta that I wanted to try... so thats kind of what I'm doing. I am keeping them in the bag that the freebies I got came in... and they're all smaller items that are either new, or I haven't used in a while.

First the boring stuff, I have 3 brush type things, cause most everything I have can work well with my fingers. I have a sponge tip applicator that I thought would be good with a cream shadow, or for appying a primer. I have a fluffier brush... these were both in the Ulta Freebie bag. Its not a fantastic brush... but it works. I also have the Elf bronzing brush because that is good for blush and bronzer. I don't actually have a bronzer... but this was the first face brush I grabbed... and if I wanted a bronzer or highlight, I can probably get to my desk to get it... my room is small and everything is all together pretty much... so its not really a problem... but I was thinking of moving as little as possible. Lol.

I have a few primers too. I have the Ulta Cream eyeshadow in Rose Gold. This is really great as a base... but I feel like it creases a little more, so I have the Urban Decay Primer Potion to go under that. I haven't used it under yet... but I think it'll work well underneath. Idk. And I have the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer for my face... which means you know what BB Cream I'm using... The Olay Fresh Effects! These are great together, they probably aren't the best separately... but together they're really good.

Also for the face I have the Sephora brand Microsmooth blush duo in Guava Glow... This may be the most pigmented blush I have... I'm upset I haven't been using it more. I've made a bit of a dent in the dome... It is in a little duo thingy so you could get a light orangey shade or a darker orangey shade or swirl them together and get a nice in between color... It doesn't have any shimmer in it... but it gives such a nice glow. The packaging isn't great. Mine doesn't close anymore, so I have a Rubber Band on it... but I highly recommend these. They're a total hidden gem and now I kind of want more... they aren't super expensive though. They're $17... I think the Maybeline Blushes are like $10 at the drugstore... so meh. Not the most terrible.

I also have some eyeshadows. I have 2 of the little mini palettes that were part of the Ulta Freebie. I have the Natural and the Romantic. These are nice samples. I think these are things I'm actually going to use up, which is cool. I have a pic of the best in the Natural palette which is a really pretty gold shade called Copper Bronze and a shade in the romantic palette called Eggplant. The names are perfect descriptions of these... I definitely want a full size of the Copper Bronze shade. Thats a really amazing shade. These are a bit more orangey on my arm than they are in real life because my room is pink and I'm wearing red and I don't have good lighting... so thats a thing. I also have Urban Decay's Sin. This is just one of those great colors that kind of works with a lot of looks or on its own. I used it in a look on Friday and I loved it, I used it Tuesday and I loved it... and this is just a great color... I almost want the Urban Decay Naked palette because of this. And I have the Loreal infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush because these go really well together. This color also looks great on its own... I want to use it on top of the Rose Gold... This is a really great color. And I love it.

Not going to lie... I have too many mascaras for this bag. I have 4... lol. I'm testing 2... and then the other 2 just go well together and one of them will work if these lashes clump up.

First I have 2 Ulta Brand mascaras. The Amped Lashes, which was part of the free gift and the Twice as Nice Mascara... ohhh so that is 5 mascaras. Lol. These are both really good. Formula, wand shape and size... They both lengthen and volumize... I'm liking them both. And I also couldn't leave out Benefit's They're Real and Kat Von D's Immortal lash... These two together will give you some long lashes. They're real really lengthens the mascara and makes it really black and longer... but it can get spidery so the Kat Von D is good for De-clumping that... Ohhh and I didn't really describe the cool thing about the Twice as Nice Mascara. It has a big cone-shaped natural bristle wand like the Smoky Extravagance and then a small wand for the lower lashes which is also angled... so that is extra cool. And the Amped Lashes I really like also. Its very volumizing and just really really good. Both good mascaras and I'm a big fan.

So that is everything! I'm really excited to be rediscovering these and to be testing out the new items. I kind of like this idea to just use a certain few products every week. I think another one I want to use again is the Benefit Boxed powder palette I have... its nice.

So yeah... that is everything! Hope this was helpful for you guys. It definitely makes me go "ohhh that really works. This is good... why do I not use this more."

Yeah I think this will definitely be a thing on this blog now because I am actually using more stuff and its helping me more. That wasn't even my intention when I did this... but I really like it! If it gets boring I'll stop posting it or do it less or something like that... but I really like this! I'll probably do these every Sunday now! Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments