Throwback Thursday: Bath and Body Works Spring Fragrance Throwbacks

So this is pretty exciting. I think I've mentioned this a little bit somewhere on this blog... but Bath and Body Works brought back some of their older scents as a part of their spring collection. I think they brought back 4 in total. I have 3 of them and I thought I'd talk a little bit about them.

All of them were more florally scents. I grabbed Cherry Blossom, Wild Honeysuckle and Butterfly Flower. These are all very floral compared to everything in their permanent line and pretty much everything in their ltd lines also that I've smelled in recent history. They're a little more mature for teenagers today I think... but these are kind of throwbacks for me because I remember some of these in my teens and tweens, and I really enjoyed these. 

The one that I was most excited for was Cherry Blossom. I remember a long time ago my friend got me a lotion and it had a pump on it and it was in the cherry blossom scent and another friend got me the same one in sweet pea and they were awesome. And they still have Sweet Pea around and they always will... but Cherry Blossom was my favorite. It isn't the same as Japanese Cherry Blossom either, although they are similar. If you like Japanese Cherry Blossom, you would probably like this. If you have Japanese Cherry Blossom, you may not need this. I like the regular Cherry Blossom a little better because to me it has kind of a cherry smell to it also. Its more grown up than Sweet Pea, but its also a little sweeter than the other florals I'm mentioning because theres a bit of cherry to it. Japanese Cherry Blossom is almost more of a nighttime-ish scent to me and this seems more "daytime Spring Fun" to me. Lol. Hope that makes sense. 

And then there is Butterfly Flower, which I'm also familiar with because I have a lotion of this and I also got one of these lotions for my friend. This is a super fresh and clean floral scent. You will smell like you took a flower shower or something lol. I used to think it was kind of citrusy but I think it just has the cleanness of a citrus smell but in a floral scent. Its similar to the Paris In Bloom mist which was a limited edition one from a few years ago. This one is a little bit fresher and a little bit stronger I would say. If you like Paris In Bloom, you would probably like this also. Both very fresh and floral and nice. 

And then there's Wild Honeysuckle... which is also a similar floraly fresh scent. I would say this might be a bit lighter, but I also think that its a little more straight up flower than the Butterfly Flower one. I would say that this isn't one I would give as a gift to a friend necessarily because I feel like it might be too floral and overpowering for a lot of people. I remember seeing this one but I don't think I've ever had it or any lotion like it. I probably would not have liked it when I was younger either because it is more floraly. These aren't like old lady scents or anything, I'm just thinking like if you're buying this for a teenager or something a Pink Chiffon or Madagascar Vanilla or Endless Weekend might be a safer bet than these. Even though they remind me of my childhood oddly enough. Lol. 

As far as the mist itself for all of these, I feel like the formula is a little different. These are a little stronger than their regular scents and they last a little bit longer in my opinion. If you were to get one of these for a gift Cherry Blossom I think would be the most universally appealing. And I think that one is my favorite, but I really like all of these and I'm happy that Bath and Body works is sort of stepping up their game and bringing back old favorites. I don't dislike all of their newer scents or anything, but I have a lot and a lot of them are incredibly similar, so these are cool new products that I'm actually super excited about. This and all of the new scents they brought out in the fall are what I would consider the best things they've come out with and the most excited I've been for any of their fragrances in a while. Their Hawaii stuff too, which they are bringing back soon... actually it might be back by now. 

So yeah big fan of these and I feel like Bath and Body Works is really steppin up the game! Good job! 

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments