Fuller Review: Loreal La Palette Nude 1&2

Okay, I just picked these up... I wrote a first thoughts post on these without having applied them or anything now I've applied them, I have worn them a little more... and I have some thoughts.

After first application- 

I'm having a very weird make up day, keep that in mind, and I applied these a little differently than I normally would... so keep that in mind too. I'm not overly impressed with the look I have with these. I have a new "everyday bright eyes" look that I'm either going to post soon, or I posted it already and I have it linked. Basically I use a rose gold cream shadow, a light color all over the lid, a gold color on the outer edge, and either a matte plum or dark brown in the crease... and it gives a really nice look. I've done this look a lot with different palettes and I've loved it before and today it just kind of... didn't look its best. I did apply it a little funny. I used different brushes than I normally would, and I applied a little too many colors in my crease... and it didn't work the way it has in the past. I really don't think it was because of the eyeshadows in this palette... I think it was the way I applied it... but full disclosure... other eyeshadows work better for the look I like for this. I'm going to try the same look again but in a more normal way and see if I like it a little better. Maybe I'll use the palettes individually before I actually do that... but right at this moment... mehhh. I got these for like $12 each... so I'm okay with getting both for $24... but I wouldn't pay $40 for both or $20 for one... based on this initial impression.

La Palette 2 

This is slightly more pigmented than the La Palette and a little easier to apply. The Matte Shadows are really good in both palette and this has more mattes... so this one is slightly more impressive to me. Like I said in my First Thoughts which you can read right here (link), there are 4 colors that are almost exact color dupes for the Naked 3. I say color dupes because... they aren't the same quality. They aren't bad quality... but the Naked 3 eyeshadows can stay on my eyes for a long time with no primer and the ones from the La Palette sort of need something to stick to. I used a cream shadow from Ulta yesterday and I loved the way it looked... but it wore off pretty fast... so if that is an issue for you, get a good primer. Idk if I'd go so far as to say spend the $54 on the Naked 3 instead. I try not to spend that much money on one single make up item, when I got it it was $52 and I thought that was a little unreasonable but I was willing to pay it... I don't think I'd get it at $54, unless you can get it at a discount or something... lol. Its just one of those weird rules I set for myself so I don't go crazy.

Anyway overall I like the quality of the shadows. The Mattes and shimmers are good, this has a good selection of plums, and if you like those types of shades and want something where they're all together in one little thing, I would go for this. At first application I wasn't in love, but I think there are a lot of great looks you can get out of this, and if you can get it $5 off, 20% off, bogo half, bogo free... that would be even better.

These don't really last on my eyelids very long. Rose Gold cream shadow from Ulta, didn't work. Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight, didn't work. Used it with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and it lasted quite a while.

My overall thoughts are that the 2 is slightly better quality than the 1... but I've been using the 1 a lot and the colors are good and easy to work with and stuff.

It isn't something I think is a complete win for the drugstore. If you're going to invest in anything high end, I would say get an eyeshadow palette because there are so many good quality palettes that aren't too expensive and you can get a lot of looks from and they're just easier to use as a whole. One affordable palette I really like is the Coastal Scents Revealed palette. It looks a lot like the Naked and Naked 2 palettes and the quality is there... but thats still like 20 dollars and shipping is expensive... so keep that in mind... Thats a little more expensive and harder to find than these L'oreal guys, and it isn't quite as easy to get looks from in my opinion (there is no guide or anything) but... its still a lot better and worth the little bit extra.

So yeah... I recommend these if you want a decent drugstore palette. I like them and I know I'll get use out of them... but I also think if you want a high end palette or if you have a lot of high end palettes, these  aren't necessarily a must. And I really prefer the L'oreal Infallible singles to these... but yeah. These aren't bad.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments