Monday Musts: March 16th 2015

So I'm trying something a little bit new and sort of filling a make up bag filled with products to use throughout the week... which just started as an accident, but its something I like so I'm going to keep doing it for now at least. I may switch up and do different palettes different days of the week... I may do both... lol. Not sure. Anyway for right now here are some of the stand outs.

For eyeshadows my favorites are the Ulta Cream Eyeshadow in Rose gold along with Urban Decay's Sin and Ulta's Copper bronze and Eggplant. This has kind of been my favorite look of the week... tomorrow I'm posting a how to-sday of how I use these together to get a sort of sunsety look... but these are all really great. The standouts, I would say are Sin and Rose Gold. I almost want to get the Naked palette because that has Sin and other colors that would go with that... Idk. I have the revealed palette, which is supposed to be a dupe for that... but whatever. I'm going to test that out more this week. Lol. Anyway, this everyday look is good for me and these colors all work well together. I was really impressed with the Ulta shades. A lot of the Ulta freebie shades were kind of mehhh... but these two were really great and usable... so I recommend them!

Along with that... the little eyeshadow brush Ulta gave in the freebie bag was also surprisingly amazing. It is super easy to fit in the crease and it really packs on the pigment. Idk if it just works well with these Ulta shades because they're the same brand and its typically designed to go with the eyeshadows, or if it just works overall... but I really like it. Actually I think I did try it with the Maybeline The Nudes palette and I liked that too. So yeah, just a good brush.

I also really like the two Ulta brand mascaras that I got recently. The Twice as Nice was looking crazy on my lashes yesterday... not sure what thats about. They both give a good amount of volume and length to my lashes though. They really do look Amped Up and Twice as Nice when I use them... Lol.

And for blush the Sephora brand Microsmooth baked blush duo in Guava Glow. These are really great. I have no idea why I haven't used it more since I got it. I kind of want to try another more wearable color... or picking up the bronzer in this baked duo formula... idk I just like this a lot. It even looks like it blurs pores a little and it has a bit of a glow too it... plus you could just use the lighter shade, the darker shade or swirl them together to get a super pretty shade. Its really a great product and I think its kind of a hidden gem.

I've also really been liking Ulta's Butter Balm lip gloss. I don't know what color the free sample was... its a nice pink color and it kind of goes with a lot of looks. I've been wearing a lot of my Babylips recently too just because they're nice, easy and moisturizing and those are kind of my favorites. So that is good. Lol.

And I actually have a skin favorite this week too! I've been starting to use my Tarte Maricuja oil a little more. This is super hydrating to just wear a little bit overnight. It smells a little like French Fries... but it works really well. I like it. And this is actually going to be on sale at Ulta for their 21 days of beauty. It'll be $25 instead of $46 or $48 or whatever. I think thats early in April I have a review on that... here.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments