Products I've used up: March 2015

I don't usually like to post these because I pretty much use the same things up... but these are kind of different and there are a lot of new ones and a lot of new things and some interesting things.

First up is the St. Ives Fresh Hydration Lotion Spray in Coconut Milk and Orchid extract. This was good. It smelled really nice and it hydrated a lot too. I like the Vaseline moisturizes and the Nivea in shower body conditioner more... but this worked really well. I've never tried the Vaseline Spray and go or any other spray moisturizers... so I can't really make that many comparisons... but I didn't find it as moisturizing as regular moisturizers. If you were going to do a quick moisturizer thing, the Nivea Body Conditioner is a better way to do that.

Speaking of the Body Conditioner, I used one of those up also. I love this, my sister actually used some up too when she was staying here, and she actually purchased me another one, so I already did have a back up and I'm using that now. This is a holy grail of mine, I pretty much use it every day, especially after shaving! Its really good.

I used up mostly the Maybeline color Tattoo in Barely Branded. This I threw out a while ago because it was like 99 percent used up... and the little bit that I could have maybe used was really hardened... so I just threw it out. I liked it a lot, I used it up. I was kind of getting out of using cream shadows and more into regular primers... and now I'm back to cream primers. Now I'm sort of using both of them together... so thats cool. Its not cool that I'm almost out of most of my Maybeline Color Tattoos... but they're easy to repurchase... and since I clearly use them, they're worth buying.

I used up 2 shower gels. I have the Philosophy Spiced Gingerbread shower gel bubble bath shampoo thing. I pretty much only used it as Shower Gel... I possibly used it as a bubble bath once and a shampoo a few times... but its best as a shower gel, and that was my preferred method of using it... so that is mostly what I did and I loved it. There are so many other Philosophy things I want to try... would definitely repurchase this next year. Also the Bath and Body Works Oahu shower gel. I got this during the Semi Annual Sale... but this scent is back... and I liked it so much I may need more... even though I so don't need another shower gel. I'm gonna try to resist... but its good. I recommend. My mom is usually out when I take a shower and when she would come in the house she was like "wow something smells really good" and I said "ohhh I just took a shower." So yeah. That was good.

I have a bunch of hair products. All from L'oreal pretty much. I have the L'oreal Evercream Nourishing Leave in spray. This is my favorite thing. If there is one thing you try from this post... get this! I have tangly hair and I use this to detangle. I also like it for moisturizing. I repurchased it already... I love it. Its amazing.

And at like the same time I used up the L'oreal Total Repair 5 Extraordinary Oil for All Hair types. I like this a lot, it helps calm my hair when I wake up, or on second day hair. You can use it wet or dry and it works well both ways. I repurchased it but for Dry Coarse hair. I've tried a few different versions of this product and I've liked them all.

And I have the Loreal Moisture shampoo and conditioner in the blue tube thing... and I really liked this. I'm almost done with the shampoo also. I may repurchase this... but I just tried the Head and Shoulders Clean shampoo... and I think I like it better. my hair feels really soft right now... not sure if its from the leave in conditioner or from this shampoo... or because I used it yesterday... but its really good and easy to find. I'm not sure if I recommend it that strongly now that I've tried the head and shoulders and like it so much... but yeah. It isn't bad. I might have a few uses left in the Shampoo actually, but not a lot... so I'm going to include it in this because I'm pretty sure I'm done.

The Glamglow Hydrating mask in the blue tub... the coconut one is another thing. This is overhyped. I didn't like it at first... I tried it once and I was thinking it broke me out and then I tried it again and I thought it cleared all of my break outs. It makes my face feel hydrated... but I would never pay $69 for the full size. I got a lot of use out of the small $20 tube. It lasted me from October basically. I could only use it once a week and not during "that time of the month"... so that is probably why it lasted me so long. It didn't dry out at all. This was okay, but not life changing. I expected it to be life changing with instant results... I've tried masks with instant results before... so I don't think thats asking too much... but yeah. Not sure if I'd repurchase this even in the small tube... but I'm going to miss it. I kind of want to try the facewash which is $39 ... which seems reasonable to me because its a good size and I don't think you'd need a lot.

If your oily, skip this one. I only get slightly oily during that time of the month I guess and it broke me out I think... so yeah. Skip this one, but the others are supposed to be good only for oily skin.

And I just used up a couple other products too. I have another Body Wash. This is the Ulta Brand Beauty Smoothie in Gingerbread. This had like a breakfasty smell to it. I really liked it. My sister's boyfriend got it for me (with her suggestion I'm guessing) as part of my birthday present. I love the Ulta Shower Smoothies. These last a long time. They are Paraben free, Gluten Free and DEA free, which is really important considering I don't want to take a bath with Walter White's Brother in Law! Lol jk I have no idea what DEA stands for other than Drug Enforcement Agency (fun story: When I was watching Breaking Bad, I was paranoid the DEA was after me. I have never sold or used drugs in my life... so that would be a stretch. But I also wanted to have people beheaded when I watched season 1 of Game of Thrones... so... thats a thing.) And it is also not tested on animals. I know Gluten Free sounds funny for a body wash, but depending on how severe a Gluten allergy is... it could be an irritant, and I may want to research that and do a post about that. It smelled really nice and I would repurchase this... but I think its not available until fall. It might be called ginger cookie not gingerbread... I forget.

I also tried using my Maybeline Color Tattoo in Inked In Pink... but it was pretty much gone and really dried up, so I tossed it. I really loved using this under my Naked 3 palette and I would have probably liked it under the L'oreal Nude 2 palette... but it was too dried up. I probably won't purchase this again anytime soon because I have Ulta's Rose Gold, and I kind of prefer that color, but I love the color tattoos and this is a really nice color, that I would recommend and possibly repurchase in the future.

Hope you guys found this helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon




Comments