Brand Collection: Too Faced

So, I did this recently on ELF products and now I figured I would do this for Too Faced. I don't have everything on hand right this second because some things have been used up or expired... but I've tried kind of a lot from this brand and it is a brand I really really like.

First off I actually have 2 palettes from this brand. Which is rare for a high end brand for me. I have the Boudoir Eyes Palette and the Chocolate Bar Palette. Both of these are really great palettes.

The Boudoir eyes is $36 I believe and it comes with 9 shadows that can give a nice soft smokey look. These are all nicely pigmented... not the best pigmentation though. 4 of the shadows are matte, 5 are shimmery. They break it down into different ways to wear it, so its very user friendly. I would say "this is great for beginners" but the names are rather suggestive to buy for someone younger... which is one thing I hate about Too Faced. A lot of their palettes would be soo good to give to teens starting out with make up or something, but because of their names, I wouldn't be too fond of giving them to a younger person in my family. Other than that, I think these are really great, the highlight shades are a little bigger. There are a lot of good matte crease shades... and its just good all around.

The Chocolate Bar Palette is something that has more teenage-friendly names and a teenage friendly theme... but its $49, so its a little expensive for teenagers to afford... its something you could gift if you wanted to give a really good gift, but still. Its nice all around. It comes with a look book. All the colors are pigmented. There are lots of looks you can come up with for everyday and for going out. It smells like chocolate, the packaging and the names are really cute... its got neutrals and some fun pops of color. Its just a good palette overall. I don't use mine all that much, I'm trying to use it some more for Try Again Thursday... but its been fun to get using it again.

I also have tried 3 of their shadow insurance formulas. I did not like their original Shadow Insurance because I had a sample size and it kind of melted on me. It was really watery and I just didn't like it, didn't use it and threw it out. But I do have the Candelight and Champagne formulas as well and they are fantastic shimmery primers. I've been using these a lot... they look good alone or under shadows. They do improve the wear of the shadows... idk if its as good as something like the UD Primer potion... but they work really well and they're just so pretty. The Candelight is kind of a light white color, like Stila's Kitten or Snow in the Lorac Pro 2 palette. Champagne is more golden, kind of like a champagne color... believe it or not. Lol.

I got the shadow insurance primer in a set called the Beauty Blogger Darlings that came with some other things in it also. I've noticed they usually have these sets near Valentine's Day, Christmas and Mother's Day... and they're an okay value for what they are. It came with another small face primer... which I liked but I didn't think the sample size was really enough for it to work that well. I would have loved if they had a slightly larger face primer and no Shadow Insurance... but this is kind of the favorite things I guess. It also came with a mini Better Than Sex Mascara. I can say its a good mascara, but I don't know if its better than chocolate even... lol. I've heard the miniature isn't as good as the full size... so I may try the full size eventually, but there are a lot of good mascaras out there. I like the L'oreal Butterfly Intenza and other L'oreal and drugstore mascaras... idk if its worth it for a full size high end mascara... but this is good. It also came with the Chocolate Solei bronzer, which is really nice. Its quite dark on me, but its really nice for contouring. It smells like chocolate and its a good size even though it was a mini sample size. This is also a good crease color if you're in a pinch.

And last but not least is the Melted Lipstick. I really love this, I have the shade Melted Peony, and I kind of want more already. I love the application of it, it comes through this tube with a little sponge on top and that gets around the top of the lip very well and it helps apply to the cupids bow a little earlier. It smells amazing also. Its pretty longwearing also. Its very pigmented... like the perfect pink color and its just really really nice overall.

So that is it. Too Faced is probably one of my favorite brands and there are lots of new things that they have that I want to try. They're cruelty free and they also seem to come up with a lot of unique and innovative ideas. The way they design their packaging is smart and easy to use. The idea of the Melted Lipstick and the Chocolate collections are really cool and different.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments