Monthly Favorites: February 2015

I feel like I should start this with a sentence before I get into the things. You guys kind of know how these work though very likely... so those are my sentences. Lol? Okay. Right. Thats a thing.


I have kind of been using a lot of things this month on my face, but there are 2 that kind of stuck out on me a little more... so I'll start with them. Well okay 4 things cause there are 2 primers and 2 foundationy things. 

Both primers are from Maybeline. One is the Master Studio Illuminating Face Primer. I love this stuff. It helps foundation just glide on really well and it makes a nice glow to the skin. I think this could probably work on oily skin, but yeah thats awesome. And the other primer is the Babyskin. The Babyskin is more silicone, its pretty hydrating and it doesn't have the illuminating effect to it, but it works really well on foundations and BB Creams that tend to exaggerate pores... I didn't like the Rimmel Illuminating BB Cream that much before I used it with this primer because of that reason, but after using this primer and patting it in the areas I have more pores, it really works and looks nice. I also have the Benefit Porefessional, which is similar. I haven't tried using that with the Rimmel BB Cream yet because I've been doing a lot of drugstore looks and drugstore posts lately... but they're pretty similar, and I'll definitely test it with that. 

And with the illuminating primer I like the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation because it just glides on really nicely, especially after I use that primer. The foundation gives a natural satiny finish, with pretty good coverage but natural coverage. It looks really nice with this primer. It like bounces it up a level and looks really good, so I've been really liking that too. 

Speaking of Covergirls ready set gorgeous, I've been using that powder a lot too. I don't use setting powders that often and I have nothing to really compare it too... but it works really well and I've been liking it lately. Its not too cakey on my dry skin, so that is a good thing. 

I also got this Pixi by Petra Ultimate Beauty Kit 2 and I've really really been liking it. It was $17 at Target, there are so many looks you can get. It has 40 eyeshadows and 12 cheek colors. It is kind of even a little contour kit on its own. Its very all in one. I've been liking it a whole whole lot. 

My Milani Bella Eyes eyeshadow in Bella Champagne along with some of my Wet N Wild shadows have also been a favorite this month. I did a look with them and featured products that are under $5. These are really good competitors with high end eyeshadows. They're good. 

I've also been loving a few scents. The American Eagle Live Your Life Perfume has been a huge winner for me this month. It smells really good and it lasts a long time and I just really really like it. Also the Bath and Body Works French Lavender and Honey, I got this in a little sample size for free with a coupon and I really really like it. I've been reaching for it a lot. 

Benefit's erase paste is something I was sort of on the fence about at first... and I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it, but its been working for me and I've been liking it a tiny bit more... so that is a good thing. 

For skincare I have been loving the Ponds dry skin cream. This really hydrates my skin a lot. I get some dry patches on my chin... the "dummy lines" type of thing and after I got this, that went away really really fast. It is a really great moisturizer and it comes in a huge tub and you don't need all that much. 

I also have a few bath products I want to mention. The Nivea In Shower Body Lotion, I've been raving about that for a while, so it should be no surprise. That is what really helps my legs feel nice and smooth. I also like the Oahu shower gel from Bath and Body Works. I've been showering in the morning lately, so I like to layer that scent with the Oahu fragrance in general... which I guess is another favorite of mine, but I also think it isn't too overwhelming to use that and then another scent. 

Ohhh and my nail polish pick this month is Color Clubs Hey Gorgeous nail polish. This is from their Christmas line... so sorry that it might not be available anymore, but this is the most unique red shade I have. Its a really really deep red and it looks plum in certain lights and its just really gorgeous and unique and I love it! 

Also random, right now the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Wallflower is burning in my room and I'm digging it. I put it in for the Parks and Recreation finale... and I really really enjoy it. Lol. 

And yes the Parks and Rec finale is another favorite... and How To Get Away With Murder and Scandal have been awesome too as a side note. 

Wow just looking over this... you can pretty much find most everything in these at the drugstore! Guess this has been a drugstore month! Cool! Lol. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 


Comments