January 2015 Favorites!

I haven't been wearing too much make up this month... But I have some favorites still! Some new things and some old things I've forgotten about... So let's get to it. 

Skincare 
I've been really into skincare lately because it's winter and my dry patches are just really really dry... So I've been taking care of it. I use my Simple Moisturizing cleanser, which I like a lot... It might not be the best ever, but it does the job and I like it. 

I also really like the Freeman Avacado mask. I've repurchased this many times and I have a little bit left in my tube, but I've been neglecting it... I've tried it again recently and I see it's value now. Idk if it claims to be moisturizing or not, but I think it locks in a lot of moisture and just overall my skin feels better after using it. 

And I've also been loving the Tarte Maricuja oil a lot... I think this has broken me out during that time of the month... So I pretty much use it every day except during that time and this feels amazing when I use it after the Avacado mask. Idk it's like a magic combo I haven't thought of. 

Hair 

I just got a hair cut, so that's kind of a favorite I guess. Lol I've had it for a few days though, not all month. But yeah. 

Anyway my real hair favorites are 2 Ouidad products that I've been out of for quite some time. The moisture lock leave in conditioner and the Curl Soufflé thingamabob that's name I always get wrong. These are good for dry hair. 

Make up 

I just discovered the Smashbox Photo Ready Bb Cream... I've been talking about it non-stop pretty much so you may have heard I like it. I think it would work for a lot of different skin types and it gives such a nice sort of satiny finish. It isn't too matte or Dewey, it's just right. 

For blush I've been really liking the Elf Blush Palette. The formula of these blushes are just so soft and they're amazingly pigmented and pretty. I have the light shade, the dark shade apparently fits more into the Marsala theme... But yeah. This is good. 

I also tried the Nars Orgasm blush and I think it's worth the hype. I never really thought I'd try this, but it is super pigmented, easy to work with and just a nice color that could work on anyone I think. 

And for eyeshadows I've been liking my Tarte Bon Voyage palette. I know this isn't available anymore, but specifically I've been loving the matte shades... And I don't have the tartelette palette.. But I would recommend it based on how much I love the matte shades in this palette. They last a really really long time also... Which is awesome. 

I also like the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It really helps extend the wear of my shadows and I just really like it. 

And for lips I've been loving Melted Peony by Too Faced. This is a really pretty pink color that works well for a lot of people. I love the formula and the way these melted lippies apply. 

And wet n wilds new 89 cents lipsticks. I mean they're 89 cents!!! And they are wonderful and pigmented and I love them. 

Body 

I've been really liking a couple scents from bath and body works in particular. The Endless Weekend spray and the Cashmere glow. I love these they smell really good. Cashmere glow is perfect for this time of year, Endless Weekend is very summery and amazing. It's all really lovely. 

I also really like Philosophy's Spiced Gingerbread body wash... I really like Philosophy right now. I know this probably isn't in stores any more, but I found mine at TJ Maxx for a good price. It's nice. 

And that's pretty much everything. Hope you guys had a good month! 

BYEEEE! 
-Shannon 

Comments