Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Beauty Lovers

So I'm not really a big Valentine's Day celebrate-r. I'm easy to impress with Valentine's presents. I'm good if you just give me chocolate... but you might want to give your girlfriend or wife or even best friend or mom something a little extra for Valentine's day. Here are my picks of basically what would look cute as a Valentine's Day present.

First off, I'll mention some jewelry. Not really beauty related... but always something girls like. If you want to impress her, but not spend a fortune, try BaubleBar's website. They have a lot of cute things on sale and they have unique well made items that she probably won't have anything like. You can't buy BaubleBar in stores, so its something she may not buy for herself. They have a variety of different price ranges... some of their jewelry can cost a pretty penny, but they always do a Buried Bauble on Mondays and Fridays, so you can try to find one of their items at a discounted price (you need to be signed up for their email for this) and they have a good selection of jewelry on sale also... and thats more my jam cause they have good jewelry for like $10... and I'm all about that lol. Something idk if they have still, but I think would be adorable is this little emoji bracelet with hearts over his eyes! How cute is that! I have one and I'm probably going to tell people that my imaginary boyfriend Astronaut Mike Dexter got it for me... no shame.

Another cool thing about Bauble Bar right now is that they did a collaboration with Benefit Cosmetics. So they have gift sets that include some of Benefit's best selling products as well as some of Baublebar's jewelry. They have a set with a mini They're Real mascara and 2 bracelets. A set with 2 pairs of earrings and 2 cheek products. And another set that comes with a really beautiful necklace, a mascara and a lip and cheek tint... so depending on your lady's personal preference, you can get her something really cool. And its only $34, which is pretty cool! And Bauble Bar's website is always free shipping, so thats pretty cool.

And also in the jewelry variety, The Alex and Ani trend is still here to stay, and girls will flip for an Alex and Ani Bracelet... so that's a great option too.

If you want to go the fragrance route, you have a few good options at all different price ranges.

If you're on a budget, Bath and Body Works Fine Fragrance Mists are always really great. For Valentine's Day, I would recommend Velvet Sugar, Pink Chiffon or Paris Amour. These are all really nice scents that are more on the romantic and sweet side. They're all pink, so its a little valentinesy colors. You could also do a lot with these. You could just buy a full size fragrance for $14 (there is also always some sort of coupon, you could probably steal from your gf lol.) You could buy a set with a shower gel or body lotion, they always do Buy 2 get one free or Buy 3 get 2 free, so you could give her a nice little set... or you could get mini sizes which are usually 5 or 6 dollars for one individually or you could do a set again which is usually 3 for $12. So lots of options there.

If you want to spend a little more money but you don't want to break the Bank, Live Your Life from American Eagle is amazing. I will probably buy that as a Vday gift for myself because I really liked it and I have a 40% off coupon... so that might be what I buy myself lol. Its a really nice scent and I think a lot of girls will like it.

If you want to go for something more expensive, you can totally do that too... I don't have much expertise in more expensive perfumes. I have Poppy by Coach and that I think a lot of girls would like. Its florally, and good for daytime or nighttime. It lasts for a long time and it isn't overwhelming. I also like the Marc Jacobs Perfumes... those are mad expensive, but if its for your wife, she'll probably like that. Or just pick out something that you like and think she'd like too. Girls usually like scents that their guys like... so you can control that. DO NOT BUY HER THE NY DKNY PERFUME BECAUSE IT STINKS! It has cute packaging that would look cute as a valentines day gift but it smells like... licorice and a strong mouthwash and medicine. And it doesn't really smell like that in the tube but once you spray it... it stanks! Lol.

For make up, I'm just kind of going by packaging and names here lol.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palettes make a really cute gift because its like "here I got you some chocolate" and then its an eyeshadow palette that has really good eyeshadows in it. This is on the pricier side, but if you want to buy a pricier gift thats fine. I feel like for Valentine's day you can kind of get away with any price point because it isn't a real holiday. Lol. They have the original which I love, and they just released a Semi-Sweet version that I've heard some mixed reviews about... but it seems better for everyday wear in my opinion. I don't have it and I probably won't buy it... but it will still make a girl happy.

If you want an eyeshadow palette for a little cheaper, Too Faced also has some good palettes that are only $36. One I have that would make a rather sexy Valentine's Day gift is the Boudoir Eyes Palette. Its got great shadows and they all have sexy names. So thats kind of cool.

And because Too Faced has cute packaging, I'm going to mention their new Soul Mates blushes. They are limited edition and are heart shaped and come with a tiny brush and a larger bronzer. They have 2 versions one named Ross and Rachel and one named Carrie and Big... I totally want Ross and Rachel based off the name alone. I'm a huge fan of Friends and I would love that. These are $34 I believe.

Ohhh and on probably a more expensive route but something a girl might like if she is into this sort of thing... there is a 50 shades of Gray collection at sephora by Make Up Forever, and OPI nail polish also has a 50 Shades of Gray collection. I haven't read the book and I probably won't like it... but if you know your girl likes it and you're seeing it together on Valentine's Day or something, that might be something you want to get her. Just as a little fun gift thats maybe on the sexy side. Lol.

Also note, although I'm saying this... idk how comfortable I would be with a man buying make up for me... lol. Like if I ask for something, that is one thing but like if you're just dating a girl, maybe don't buy her make up. Cause it'd be like saying "ohhh your face is ugly here's a bronzer to make it pretty" which it isn't saying AT ALL... but girls are sensitive and may take it that way... lol. You may want to stick to jewelry or fragrance just in case... but still. These are good ideas for friends and family too if you were buying something for your best friend, sister or mom. These are also good for anniversaries and birthdays too. Like I said, its a fake holiday... I'll probably end up having a Galentine's Day with my friends or something, and if I were dating someone I'd be good with Netflix. But you know, if you want to go all out, here are some safe choices. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments