True Test Thursday: Rimmel Show Off Velvet

I've had this for a while and I didn't like the way that it felt on the lips so I've been ignoring it... its also a hard color to rock really, for me especially. I thought it was a little more pink when I got it, but on my lips its pretty orange. I'm going to post the look I did with it tomorrow or saturday I believe... but yeah... its a bit weird.

It also looks straight up like a liquid matte. You can tell its liquid even though its matte. I'll show some pics because... it doesn't look good on. Lol. In one photo it looks pretty okay and in another it looks really separated and icky... It isn't easy to apply. I got some outside of my lip lines because it was just a messy application. Not fool proof at all.

BTW I have the color Atomic Rose. Its nice, its on trend right now with the Marsala color of the year thing.

I don't think it claims to be longwearing, but thats what I'm sort of testing it on right now.

Also my lips are a bit chapped feeling and it doesn't really feel comfortable. I'll check in again after lunch... but I don't think I'm going to suddenly love it and recommend it... So it will probably only get worse. Just a warning.

After Lunch

So I was actually a little impressed. I ate Sushi for lunch, so it could be a little different if I had like a burger or a sandwich or something, but it left a nice little stain on the lips of the color of the lipstick. So that was kind of cool. Now its like 4:44 pm (cool lol) and I think the color has worn off entirely, I went out to Michaels and my grandparent's house after lunch. It was on pretty well like an hour ago I think, but it started to feel a little dry. I put a lip balm on over it, but I think the color was gone by that time. The weird thing though is that I still feel like I have it on. Its a very thin feeling and it doesn't exactly cling to the lips... but it is really noticable and I still feel like I have something on my lips, but the color is worn off...

Overall Thoughts 

If you really like a color in this line, definitely go for it. Its affordable and it is kind of a nice stain... but there are so many better options at the drugstore that I wouldn't even bother with it. Rimmel's Kate line has matte lipsticks that I've heard are comfortable... maybe I'll test those out next time I see them. The Maybeline Matte Lipsticks are awesome and have a good color range, the Nyx Matte Lip Cremes are really good. The Elf Matte Lipsticks are better... there are just better options out there, so you can maybe skip this one. It isn't horrible and I really don't regret buying it because it was so affordable and it did leave a nice little stain on the lips... but I don't think it will ever be a favorite. I don't see myself reaching for it that often, and you will be able to tell in the photos that I post how it really looks and its just not that good of a look.

So this didn't pass the True Test. I give it a thumbs down, it isn't the worst product out there, but it isn't good. Lol.

Hope this was helpful!


Byeeee!
-Shannon

Forgot to include the pics!

You can tell it shows my lines and on one part its kind of separated... and this was right after application, so that is not awesome. 

Here it looks okay. Color isn't the best though.

Comments