Review: Nivea In Shower Body Lotion

So Nivea has this new thing that sounded cool. It is a body lotion that you use in the shower, after you are done washing yourself and shaving your legs and then you rinse it off. It claims to leave a silky soft skin feeling without being sticky. There are 3 varieties of this: one in a white tube for normal to dry skin that is made with sea minerals, one in a light blue tube for dry skin that is made with shea butter, and one in a dark blue tube for very dry skin made with Almond Oil. I got mine for Very Dry Skin, because... my skin is very dry and I wanted the most moisture possible.

First off for what this product is, the packaging is absolutely brilliant. Its in an upside down squeezy tube with a pretty nice little hole to squeeze the right amount of lotion out of. Part of the reason I got it, is just for the packaging. I wish more lotions came in this sort of packaging because it works so so well. I love Gold Bond's aloe lotion, but I hate that it comes with a pump because it gets stuck so easily in the tube because its a thicker lotion and it just doesn't work. I like the Vaseline Squeezy tube pacakging better, but I always have to turn that upside down too when I'm like halfway through using it, and that is less convenient than just having an upside down bottle... so for that I am on board.

I also love the idea of it, because I know its good to put on a moisturizer before you completely dry off so that the moisturizer locks in the moisture from your shower. It makes sense, but I feel its kind of hard to just use a moisturizer in the shower or the tub. I feel like Vaseline's packaging just isn't ideal to keep near my shower, so I like having it out in my room instead. I love using Body Butters, but sometimes the smell of those bothers me while in the shower... so having a lotion that is specifically for that works really well for me. It works just as well as those other lotions and the design of it is just ideal to use in the shower. There isn't a strong scent to it either. There is like a mild baby powder type of scent, which usually bothers me a bit, but for this I'm not bothered. Its almost like a medicinal smell with a baby powder mix. Its not something I'd wear out to the club or anything (like I go to the club lol) but it smells really really nice.

I like to use it sort of as a "moisturizer primer" I'll usually use that in the shower after I've cleaned off and rinse it. Then use a body butter, then use a vaseline moisturizer, and if I feel daring, I'll use a Bath and Body Works Triple Moisture Body Cream before bed... lol. I have very dry legs and I am a lotion hoarder, so this works well for me. Lol. It might not be the best for everyone, but I like the way that this kind of soaks in the moisture and it really has been helping a lot. My legs still get a little itchy from time to time... but not bad. I think its more like "help me! I've been trapped in these jeggings all day" than anything else.

So this is probably a new found holy grail product of mine... I've only used it a few times so far, but I already feel a huge difference and I think this is just a brilliant product with a great design and its just easy to use and nice. I will definitely repurchase this and would totally recommend you go out and buy one for yourself. It comes with a lot of product in it too, which is something I kind of like to see especially when you are using a product on a daily basis.

Hope this was helpful!
Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments