First Impression: Pixi By Petra Ultimate Beauty Kit 2

So this is a great thing that I'm not sure will be easy to find anymore... but there were a lot at my target and it was on sale for $17. I first heard about this Pixi by Petra palette from GlamLifeGuru around Christmas time. It seems like they do these every year around the holidays. They probably had a few left over and decided to put them back in stores for Valentine's Day and I believe Target has a clearance event going on right now... so these might be quite easy to find.

I believe Tati (GlamLifeGuru of corse) said that the palette was originally 30-35 dollars-ish range, which is still a good price for all this comes with, but at the same time, I probably wouldn't have paid that much for a Target brand make up palette when I have so many... which would be stupid. I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

This palette has a lot of different types of finishes, which is really great for a palette... but some of the mattes weren't quite as pigmented as the satins and shimmers that were in the palette. I feel like thats okay because most of the matte colors are crease colors and you don't need them to show up quite as strong as the lid colors... that being said, it was slightly more difficult for me to get the crease color to show up on the lids quite as well. I felt like it was super easy when I applied it to one of my eyes, and then it was more difficult on the second one... which is weird. I feel like it was the brush I was using... idk cause it went on perfectly with one eye and then the second it just didn't work as well... which is weird, but it works well with a precise crease brush... I may need new crease brushes. Anyway I made it work, and it looks really good.

The shimmer colors applied more easily than pretty much any eyeshadow I've ever used... and I've used a lot of drugstore and high end. Its just super easy to sweep across. I took a gold color and just packed it onto my entire lid. I took a light highlight color on the inner corner and inner third... that looked a little more matte, but I couldn't totally tell. It felt a bit chalky, but it went on fine and was kind of exactly what I wanted. And then I took a nice brown shimmer (it looks kind of like stila's sandstone) on the outer edge. And it was really easy. It does not take long to do a look with these because they're so easy to put together and it takes like no time to blend or anything... and the shimmers are just sooo soo easy to use that it is really good. The only thing that might take a while is choosing what shadows to use because there are 40 shadows.

This palette also comes with highlighters and cheek colors. These are a lot softer than the eyeshadows and they have pretty much every shade you need. There's one shade thats sort of like a contouring blush that I used to contour with... I am not an expert contour-er and at first I was like "ohh this is kind of muddy... idk if i like this." but I sheered it out with a large ELF powder brush. This is fluffy and ginormous and not very dense, so its good for sheering things out. I used a pinky blush over that and it looked even more normal and then I took one of the highlighters and used that on my cheeks and overall I was impressed with how great it all turned out. I used quite a bit of the Nyx dewey finish setting spray, and I did end up looking quite dewey... but I think the highlight helped with that.

Now there are some cons to this palette also. The blushes came with a little plastic paper over them because they are quite soft and can get a little messy. I didn't really like that because like I'm not keeping the plastic in, there is just no way lol. But because the blushes are soft and there is some fallout, and it could get in the eyeshadows and mess them up a little bit.

Also a lot of the shades don't look anything like what they look like on the skin. Theres this part in the highlighters that looks like its going to be a shimmery brown color and its more whitish than that. Which I guess is more of a highlight type of a color, but I thought it would have been nice on the eyes if it was a brownish color. It isn't bad, but it just looks nothing like what it looked like in the palette.

Its also a little bulky... so if you tend not to use something thats bulkier like that, this isn't for you.

And a lot of the colors are quite similar also. There are like 50 shades of Gold, in this 40 shade palette lol. Theres a little variety between the colors, but it might be hard to keep track of which shadow you're using.

I think the packaging is pretty brilliant because the cool shades are on one side and the warm shades are on the other. Thats kind of what sold me on it. Plus it does have a nice range of contouring and highlight colors and I've wanted a contour palette, so this is all in one kind of. I had never tried Pixi before, and now I'm super curious to try more of their stuff because the eyeshadows just worked sooo soo well. I think they're on Hautelook right now and everything is pretty affordable because it is a more affordable brand. Will definitely check out some more Pixi things... maybe not anytime soon because I think I want to do a No-Buy for a bit... but yeah. This is good. Whenever I say I'm doing a no- buy I get an Ulta coupon though... so we'll see about that, but uhhhhh yeah lol.

So if you see this at your target and feel like spending a little more money for a really good drugstore palette, this is good for you. Its really all in one, and for $17 its a total steal. If you need a valentine gift for a beauty lover, this is a good one. If you see one of these around Christmas time, definitely don't overlook it or anything. Its pretty amazing.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments