Make Up Tips: Commuting/ Acting Class

So this is something that might not work for everyone, but it worked for me and maybe this might be relevant for someone else. Last semester in college I commuted to school, so I was on the train for like an hour or so and I usually didn't do much, but i usually wore make up most days just because obviously I like wearing make up and I just kind of like an extra step in the morning.

So not only was I looking for things that were longwearing and quick to put on... But I also wanted things to make me look like I got a bit more sleep than I did and I was taking an improv class two days a week, so I wanted to wear comfy clothes and make sure there wouldn't be lipstick on my teeth or anything. These are things that kind of help with both of these. 

Depending on if it was hot or cold outside I wore different things. When it was hot outside I usually wore a light coverage, not totally matte foundation with a hydrating primer. The Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous was good and the L'oreal true match Lumi was good. I think I usually used the Benefit Porefessional primer or the Maybeline Babyskin. I think the new Maybeline Master Prime would be perfect for this too. That is my favorite primer that I've tried, but it didn't exist at the time lol.

 When it got a little colder and my skin got a little dryer I liked to use my favorite combo... Which is the Rimmel Stay Matte primer and the Olay Fresh Effects Bb Cream... I don't think they make this BB cream any more, which is a shame because it works so well if you use it right... But if you think a BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer is a bit too oily, try using a matte primer. Can't guarantee this works well for drier skin than mine, or really really oily skin... But I have pretty dry skin that gets oily in heat and this works well for that. I like the Smashbox BB Cream a LOT too... But I still think if you want a light look that makes your skin look perfect and bright but also pretty matte and natural... This is the combo for you. And who doesn't want their skin to look like that? It really does look like all those things and I'm upset that I think it's discontuned. Lol. 

For blush I liked using a powder over a cream if I had time, or just a cream if I didn't. The Maybeline Master Glaze blushes are pretty amazing for that. I usually used a benefit powder over it... But any powder that matches the color of blush would work.

For eyes, I used a number of different things, but one that worked well and was easy to apply and everything was the Lorac Pro 2. I usually put on the primer that came with it, then put on Beige all over the lid, Lt. brown in the crease, and Mocha on the ends I think... Not the last brown in the palette cause that was kind of messy but the first darker brown... If that makes sense? Lol on the shimmer side of the palette. I usually put this at the outer edge. I usually used the Rimmel Scandaleyes for liner in my waterline. And I threw on mascara... I usually just used a regular mascara,not a waterproof... But depending on your preference you can change it. I think you kind of need a primer with the Lorac shadows. If you want a more longwearing shadow Urban Decay and Tarte are really really good. For a drugstore option L'oreal infallible shadows and Wet n wild shadows are pretty longwearing. 

For lips, I always wanted a little something, but because I would be talking a lot in my improv class, I didn't want too much. I usually just wore a Babylips because they're quite pigmented and easy to apply and I've never had lipstick on my teeth with them. Buxum's full on lipstick or whatever the lip product they have in the pencil form lasted really well... And I liked Bite Beauty's fig because that's just an easy color that goes with everything. 

I always brought a big bag because I needed to fit my iPad and a lunch box and a lot of things. I got a large tote bag from American Eagle that had a zipper on it. It was something you could hold crossbody or shorter...they have these in different designs every season pretty much. I also brought a little change purse with a minion on it because I had to use the light rail sometimes. I usually waited for the school's bus to come, but still. A change purse is good. And a minion one is better. 

I also liked wearing comfy clothes pretty much. If you're acting, this is kind of a must. You don't really want to wear the tightest of jeans lol. I liked leggings. I really liked Old Navy's Pixie Pants, but they ripped on me. American Eagles Jeggings are nice and thick and can fit my big butt, so those are good too lol. I suggest high rise because you don't want to moon your class. Lol. 

And I wore a lot of long cardigans to also assure I wasn't mooning anyone. I wore a leather jacket for a while that looked really cool... Lol. 

So yeah, those are my tips for kind of lighter make up, but still something. It sounds like a lot, but really it isn't too much. Not many people mention make up tips for commuting students or for acting. I know Sephora makes a new lip balm now that looks perfect for acting purposes. It leaves more of a stain on the lips it looks like... Idk it sounds good. I also like the Lipglosses like Nyx butter lipgloss and  Buxum Lipglosses. The Babylips was kind of perfect for what I wanted though, so I was happy with those. 

Hope this was helpful! 
BYEEEE! 
-Shannon 


Comments