How To-sday: Mostly Products under $5

So I was just posted this blog about my favorite products under $5, and I came up with a look using a lot of these products in action! And I pulled in some other products that are pretty much under $10... I think they are all mostly in the $7 range if not in the $5 range... so you could probably find it for $5.  I think pretty much everything over $5 is available at Ulta or Harmon... so you could use a $3.50 off coupon or a 20 percent coupon... and there are lots of sales wherever you get these products... so they aren't that much over the price range.

So I started out with my face. I had just moisturized with the Ponds moisturizer, which I love. This is like 5.99... I wasn't really going to put that in this look... but theres a reason why its in here... I'll just say that. Lol.

I also used the Maybeline Babyskin Primer with the Rimmel Radiance BB Cream. I had never found a primer I liked with the Rimmel BB Cream... but the BB Cream does cling to my pores and this minimizes pores quite a bit... and it worked really well with this BB Cream. On Ulta's Website (which is just where I'm checking the prices because its easiest) it is 6.99... I'm pretty sure I got mine at Wegman's for 5.99... but I could be wrong. The Rimmel BB Cream, in the original not the Radiance is 6.69. I think it might have been more than that at Harmon where I got it... but I coupon it up at that place... so give or take lol.

I also put on the Rimmel Stay Blushed Blush... which I totally forgot I had and forgot is like 3.99 I think... but Because I used a heavy Moisturizer, a moisturizing primer... and a Radiant BB Cream I was actually looking quite oily... which has never ever happened! Lol. It wasn't really showing up enough on me, I didn't want to add too much and then I just thought it would look wayyy too oily... so I ended up using my Elf Baked Blush instead. This wasn't on my list because my blush is all broken up and the packaging is messy... I think I'm going to throw it out... but It is a good product. I included the Elf Baked Highlights in my Best under $5... but I didn't want to use them because I looked sooo oily already.

Then I went to my eyes. I primed with Maybeline's Bad to the Bronze color tattoo, which is around 6.99 and then I went in with my Milani Bella eyes in Bella Champagne. This is a favorite of mine, its a dupe for Stila's Kitten. Its really good. For my Crease I took a dark purply color thats sort of shimmery, sort of satiny and put it in my crease. I know you aren't supposed to do that... but I wanted to do something a little different so I used that and I liked the way it looked a lot. That purply color was from the Wet N Wild 5-pan palette in Angels in Aubergine... which is limited edition, so you might not be able to find this... but I'm sure they'll have something similar sometime soon. I also used the Browbone color in the Silent Treatment trio, which is permanent. And you could totally use the lid color or the crease color in that for this type of look and it would be a little more normal looking. I wanted to use as many of the products I mentioned in action, so I wanted to include the 5-pan palette too.

I also put Rimmel's Wonderl'ash Argan oil mascara which is 8.99 at Ulta... wow. I think it was less than that at Harmon and there was a coupon on the display, so look for that. This is a good mascara, I've been liking it more the more I use it.

And I usually don't powder, but I felt the need to powder, because as I mentioned I was a bit oily. I used the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Powder which is 7.99.

And for my lips I used my Nyx Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait. That is 4.99

And I recreated the look again in these pictures, which came out bad because I used pink eyeshadow in a pink room, so you cannot really tell... but I'm just going to post. I changed the look in the pics just a little bit. I added Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal eyeliner in nude on my waterline. I used a blush from my pixi palette cause I really need to throw out the elf baked blush, and I used some benefit erase paste on a blemish. In some of these photos I may have a mustache and a blemish and in some I may not... Idk which order they are in and I'm just posting all 4. Lol I plucked some hairs in between.





Also in the pictures I didn't add the powder because I didn't need it as much as I did the first day. I was a little more dry than dewey... so that was good. 

I thought that the best products I used were the ones I mentioned in my top products under $5. The rest aren't necessarily my favorite products under $10... but they get the job done well. The eyeshadows, lipgloss the blush I used originally, the eyeliner all looked like they could be high end. The BB Cream looked better when my face was more moisturized and I pay better attention to where I put the primer. I really did like the way it looked the first time I did this look... but it is a high maintenance BB Cream. The powder also works great and the mascara I've been liking a lot more too. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments