Am I Blushing? Blush Wear Test and Review: Becca Watermelon Moonstone

I thought that this would be a fun idea. Some of my friends on Instagram are doing, or have completed a blush challenge where they wear a different blush for 30 days. It was started by Lucymcdory01 I believe, and CanoexMakeup and Abeautygurumademedoit and other people I saw doing the challenge... and I loved the idea! But, I thought I'd do my own take on it.

I like blush, but its never my favorite thing... and I just kind of want to investigate all my blushes and see how they wear and if they apply nicely or if they're different with different brushes or on top of different foundations or anything. We'll see how it goes!

The Blush: Overview and What I Think of It So Far 
My Blush of choice is Becca's Watermelon Moonstone Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle and I picked this one because its in my Finish 13 by Halloween so I might not have it for that much longer because I am close to finished with it.

Honestly... I wasn't that impressed with it. I did a Worth It Wednesday one it and I said I thought it was a little pricey for what it was. Its not a bad blush at all... but Cream Blush kind of runs out fast. There really isn't much product in here and unless its in a kit or it goes on sale... I'm probably not going to repurchase this when I'm done.

That being said though... it looks sooo pretty on right now! I'll get to that! lol.

Application: 
I wore it over the It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination, which is a lighter coverage CC Cream but its pretty full coverage for a CC Cream and it is a pretty long wearing CC Cream... so its a good product for these kinds of things, its kind of a middle ground.

I think I'll test my powder blushes with different brushes... but I don't really have a stipple brush so I just use my fingers for cream blushes. This applied nicely too. Some cream blushes can look either too light or too much, this one is nice. Its natural looking and buildable. I like it a lot. I used Colourpop's Smokin Whistles Highlight with it... and i like that highlight a lot and I always forget about it!

I didn't use a powder over it or anything I just left it on and that was that. Overall its nice and pretty natural. Something like this is good if you aren't that into blushes but if you're pale and you want a bit of color on your cheeks... its nice!

Wear Time: 
It maybe lasted 3 or 4 hours... not very long. And I wasn't really doing much today. I don't think my foundation lasted very long either. I'll try it again with another foundation that might last a little longer just in case... but I don't think this is the best blush for wear time. A lot of people complain that Becca Products typically don't last a long time on them... I'm not as sure of that... but this one wasn't the longest wearing so far.

I don't totally mind that, during the summer is when I typically wear this, and it is easy to reapply so I'd go in the pool and then reapply some when I was out of the pool... and it still looked fine and natural.

2nd test... 
I used it this time with the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation, and I think it looked like I applied it a little heavier... but I didn't really do anything differently. Its been on for a long time though, its 5:05 now and its still on pretty well! Its faded a little bit since about 4:18... I wrote this in a notebook before because my wifi was down briefly... so its good now but the blush has faded since then. Lol. I applied it somewhat before noon and I went around shopping and I did kind of a lot of walking, in hot weather.

I powdered my face and used a setting spray too, so I think that made a difference as opposed to yesterday when I didn't use anything.

Overall... I stand by what I said on Worth It Wednesday. I like this blush and I'm happy it came with the Becca kit that I got... but I don't really think its worth the $27 because it doesn't always last all that long throughout the day. Plus there isn't all that much product in the tin itself... so its something you can use up pretty quickly. If these are ever on sale or on haute look or in a kit or something, I'd say go for it... other than that... I'm barely blushing over this right now. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments