Weekly Makeup Wrap Up: What did I use this week? 9.11.16

So I thought I'd do a little "weekly wrap up" but have it be the makeup edition instead of just doing a "shop my stash" this week. Sometimes I get bored with shop my stashes every week and I just want to randomly select some products from my collection... and it might be more useful for me to talk about all of them and then mention my favorites tomorrow... so that should be good. This might be a little tricky because I'm going by product... but we'll see. I think that is the best way to get a thorough review of it.

Monday 
Primer: I really liked the primer I used. I didn't quite test the wear time of it because I removed my makeup pretty early... but I really liked how it looked when I was wearing it. I used the Maybelline Master Prime Blur and Illuminate with the Revlon Skinlights in Pink Lights under that too. My friend Debbiedue on Instagram... and I believe that is her name on youtube as well recommended to use it under foundation and I loved how it looked. It gave a really nice glow and it was just really pretty, especially with the Master Prime Primer!

Foundation: I used the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation. This is one of my favorites. Some people have problem with this lasting... I think it lasts fine, it didn't always on me though... but it looked really nice and natural with this look and with the primers and it was great!

Blush: I used the Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Blush. I don't remember the name of this... it is the peach one though and I used the center blush because its one of the trios. I really like this blush... it wasn't working for me that day. It was a lot of blush for some reason... and this is not a hugely pigmented blush. It didn't quite go with the look that I wanted and especially with my lipstick combo... which I'll get to, but I do like this blush... it just wasn't working for me today.

Highlighter: I used the same Revlon Skinlights and I liked how that looked a lot. It is a very subtle highlight... but if you use it like that you can get quite a bit of a glow. I really liked how it looked. It was still subtle but somehow VERY glowy. I was excited with this.

Concealer: I used the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin. I thought it looked good. I never thought concealer worked that well until I removed my makeup today... yikes! Hahaha. Not really Yikes... but kind of.

Setting Spray: I used the Elf Mist and Set spray. I think this does the job well... it isn't perfect though. It kind of smells... it doesn't spray quite right and it doesn't do anything that amazing... but its still does set the face and make the makeup look a little more natural and it stays on a little longer.

Eye Primer: The Maybelline Master Prime Matte Eye Primer. I like this a lot. I've been using this a lot lately and I like it. I like the applicator... its good.

Eyeshadow: I went with Wet n Wild's Angels in Aubergine 5 pan palette. My eyes were bothering me a little bit, so I removed it a little early... it might have been because of these powders... hopefully not! I love this 5 pan... but I do kind of wonder if its what bothered my eye a little bit.

Mascara: I used the Ulta Amped Lashes Mascara and Rain Coat Topcoat... this is my favorite and will probably be the same I use all week... so I might not mention it again unless something different happens. I don't get along with most mascaras, I pretty much only use the Ulta Brand and Bareminerals Lash Domination and the Rain Coat mascara (also from Ulta Brand) helps keep the smudging away. Its a good one!

Lips: I used the Colourpop Matte X Lippie Sticks in Back Up and Pillow Talk... not the best that day. It was too dark with my blush and I have a breakout and my lips just don't look that good this week... so it just wasn't really doing me any favors. I have loved this combo in the past... I don't think it worked with me this week.

Tuesday 

Foundation: I used the Urban Decay One n Done. I love this because I was feeling a little lazy and this is so easy to use and I was doing a specific look and this just worked with that look.

Blush: I used a pretty light hand and went with Kardashian Beauty's blush in Glimmer (I think thats the color at least.) This is a really nice blush and its good to use with a light hand. I was going for a specific look and this was perfect for it. I liked the way it looked wayyy better than yesterday.

Highlight: Wet n Wild Boozy Brunch. I used this with a foundation brush... which was a little weird I guess, but it worked alright. For the look this was a little too gold, but it kind of worked for what I was going for.

Eye Primer: I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion which I need to throw out. Its coming out a little clumpy at this point. I don't like it as much as I used to. I think they reformulated it when they changed the packaging or somehow the new packaging changed the formula. So with Maybelline and Elf having such good primers... I'm done with it.

Eyeshadow: I used the Lorac Pro Metals palette and the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette. I was super impressed with the It Cosmetics Palette! I know I did a review on this a long time ago and it was one of my favorite palettes at the time and I just kind of forgot about it... but now I'm digging it. Its pretty unique too, I used the color Gingerbread... which was sort of just what I needed and I really liked how it looked. I used a green shade with it and it worked really really well!


Lips: I used the Colourpop Matte X Lippie Stick in Cami. This looked better than when I used the combo yesterday. Its not that these combine badly... but I think I should have lined my lips or something first cause I was a little messy and it was just too dark for the way my lips looked with the pimple and everything... it was just better to use a plain, neutral one and this worked really well.

Wednesday 

Primer: I think I used the same primer combo as Monday. Still like it!

Foundation: Maybelline Better Skin again... idk if I have much more left!

Blush: Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Watermelon Moonstone. Its not my favorite but I liked how it looks and I'm trying to finish it up. Its not bad, just not my favorite.

Highlight: Ofra You Glow Girl. I saw an older picture of myself and I was looking at my highlight and I was like "Wow! That is quite a highlight!" And I thought that it might have been You Glow Girl From Ofra... which I do think is one of my favorite if not my actual favorite highlights. I think I like it as much as the Anastasia Glow Kit. I really like it, the packaging isn't great... but I love it anyway!

Eye Primer: The Maybelline Master Prime Matte eye primer.

Eyeshadow: I used the It Cosmetics Celebration palette again and I still love it. I just used one of the browns for the crease... idk what it was. And then I went in with the Nars Kauai duo. I used the green all over my lid and the blue on the outer corner. It turned out really nice and it was different but really easy to do... and I just liked it a lot!

Lips: Colourpop Lumiere

Thursday 

Primer: Same as Yesterday. It didn't look quite as glow-y now... but it was still good.

Foundation: Same as yesterday!

Bronzer: Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer in the light version. This is one of my favorite things from the drugstore... it is so good! It just works really well and its a satin finish so you can contour with it. I love it. I like the smell too its nice.

Blush: Starting to like Watermelon Moonstone a little more! Its a really nice, natural looking blush and its glow-y and pretty! I really like it now... now that I'm almost done of corse. Lol. But still, it was nice, not heavy and just good.

Highlight: The Ofra one again... still totally loving it! One of my favorites!

Setting Spray: Smashbox Primer Water

Eye Primer: Same Maybelline one! It's been working well for me!

Eyeshadow: I used the Pur Eye Polish in Cashmere. I'm trying to finish this up, so this was kind of a primer also... but I think it added a nice glow to the look. This isn't my favorite Eye Polish... I wouldn't really recommend this one because it seems kind of hit or miss... but I've been liking it lately. I used a Palladio Crushed shadow on top of that... I love these! Hidden Gem of the drugstore and its a little like the Infallible shadows from L'oreal. Very pigmented and they last quite a while to. One that didn't last so long Kat Von D's Metal Crush Shadows. These are nice and pigmented... but I use the color I have in the outer corner and its tricky to keep shadow in the outer corner... and this was no exception. I also used the colors Miracle and Toasty from the It Cosmetics Celebration Palette. I've almost hit pan on Miracle and I love the shade Toasty as well. 2 of my favorite colors in that palette!

Lips: Maybelline Touch of Spice! Can't go wrong with this one! Great color, amazing formula... all in all its a great great product!

Friday 


Foundation: Urban Decay One n Done. I love this, it isn't for everyone but for an easy makeup look I love it.

Bronzer: Mac Golden Rinse. This was from the Wash n Dry Collection, and I like it, I love the packaging... but this is really a light bronzer. It isn't that pigmented... I like it, but it needs to be built up a little bit even on my light skintone. I would probably just say skip this and get the Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer... but I still do like this quite a bit!

Blush: I used the Tarte Blush palette and the shade I used was Dollface. This is a nice pinky blush. I like the blushes in the palette I think the formula is good. Maybe I over did it a little bit with this one... but its not bad. I built the blush up a little bit and it was kinda too much... I feel like my lighting is bad and sometimes it makes my blush look bad... not quite sure. Maybe its just an excuse... but yeah. I don't like the packaging of this blush kit, this is the one from last year. The sparkles always seem to end up on my face... so yeah. Not the best design.

Highlight: I used the Revlon Photoready Skinlights in Pink Lights. As I've said, I really like this. I need to get a new Elf Small Stipple brush because I think that would help this blend a little bit better.


Eye Primer: The Same Maybelline One I have been using and loving.

Eyeshadow: I did an all matte look with the It Cosmetics Celebration Palette. I took Champagne all over the lid and I put Miracle, which is the orangey brown on the outer corner and then I deepened it up and put a little bit of a darker brown in the palette in my crease and outer corner.

Lips: Echo Park from Colourpop. I love this this is one of their Ultra Satin Lips. I should have taken a picture of the look... but I didn't.

Saturday 

Primer: Too Faced Hangover Rx. I like this especially if the foundation I'm using sort of emphasizes my dryness... which the CC Cream I used did... so it worked really well!

Foundation: It Cosmetics CC+Illumination. I'm okay with this... it kind of clings to my dry patches and I don't love the glitters in it. I'm not opposed to illuminating foundation... but glitters and dry skin aren't really doing anyone any favors. I don't think I'd repurchase the Illumination one, but I might purchase the regular CC Cream... but yeah. I didn't like how it looked today, sometimes it works better... this wasn't one of those days .

Bronzer: Too Faced Sun Bunny. I love this bronzer... All the too faced bronzers are good. This is a shimmery one so its a little weird, I know not everyone likes shimmer in their bronzers, I'm into them. Its good.

Blush: Milani Luminoso. This is one of my favorite blushes. I love pretty much any milani blush and these are no exception. Really pretty glow... overall one of my favorites.

Highlight: The Bottom Right shade in the Elf Illuminating Palette. This is a very subtle highlight... but its good! I liked the way this color looked with Luminoso. It was a good look.

Setting Spray: Smashbox Primer Water. Today my skin wasn't really havin the CC Cream so this made it look a little less like makeup and I liked that! It was nice!

Powder: Bareminerals Mineral Veil Powder- I just really like this powder. I like loose powders a little bit better and this one is just really a good powder. If you have dry skin and powders don't look good on you... this is a good one!

Eye Primer: Elf Eye Primer and Liner Sealer. I think I've talked about this primer before this week... maybe not. I like this a lot. It isn't maybe the best for what I ended up using... I think a glitter glue would have been really good for the palette I used... but either way I really liked this and I used it for swatches also and it worked pretty well!

Eyeshadow: Juvia's Place Nubian 2- This is one of my favorite if not my favorite palettes. The colors are pretty the formula is great... but the mattes were a tiny bit hard for me to blend and the shimmers don't last all that long on my lids. Also I was going for a Pumpkin Spice Latte look... but it was a little summery... I'll have a look on that later.

Liner: Nyx Slide on Glide on in Golden Bronze. I like these a lot. Rumor has it they have the same exact formula as Urban Decay's 24/7... but idk. I know someone that was allergic to both pencils... I don't have a problem with these and the price is nice... so yeah!

Lips: Nyx Slide on Glide on Lip Pencil in Sugar Glass and Manic from Urban Decay Revolution on top. I love the Nyx Slide on Glide on Lip Pencils. This one isn't as creamy as it used to be. I sharpened it a little bit. The Manic Revolution lipstick is great! It makes my lips look nice and plump and its so pretty! Its a pumpkiny color, I like it a lot.

Alright! That is all I used this week! Hope you like this and find it helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments