Top 5 Friday: Top 5 Wet n Wild Products+ Some Fails and Things I'd Like To Try

So I did this last week on my instagram account because I've fallen in love with Wet n Wild again recently... and I've been into drugstore makeup lately... so it works out pretty perfectly! I'll go into a little more detail on my Top 5 Wet n Wild Products and I figured I might as well include a couple that I didn't like also. These will be in order!

5) Wet n Wild Megaglo Contouring Palette Contour- The most redundant name in drugstore makeup history! I love this contour duo... it is my favorite tied with the Elf Contour Kit... although I do like the elf just a smidge better... This is super useful because its just 2 colors. I use the light side to set my under eyes more than as a highlight... and the contour side is really really nice to contour with. It is a good one! I have the shade Dulce de Leche... there's another shade, they're both kind of look a like to me too... which I guess is sort of a setback because then if one doesn't work for you... the other one probably won't either.

4) Sweet as Candy Color Icon Trio- This is the perfect neutral eyeshadow trio, its amazing for a fast look. The lasting power is kind of iffy... but I like it a lot with the elf primer and liner sealer. Its really pretty too. I actually got this as a gift and I love it!

3) On a Trip Nail Polish- This is one of my favorite nail polishes of all time. In fact if there was one nail polish I could totally recommend, it would be this one. Unless its original Sally Hansen Pacific Blue (RIP) On a trip is just really amazing and so inexpensive. Its like a friend that never lets me down for nail polish.

2) Angels in Aubergine Limited Edition 5 pan palette- This is why I get excited for Wet n Wild LTD stuff. I didn't find their highlighters and I haven't looked for their new stuff yet... but this is amazing! Its a pink smokey palette that is just really nice for fall. Its one of the best fall palettes ever. The new trio that they have looks a lot like it... but I've heard it doesn't go on the eyes quite as well... which is a shame. If you happen to see this on sale anywhere, grab it! I want them to bring it back permanently its so good!

1) Boozy Brunch Highlighter- I got this just this summer. I couldn't find those new summer highlights, but I love this so much... I'm not even mad about it! Its so good! Its huge also! You could go through it fast... but you're getting a lot of product for what you're paying for! And it is amazing! I've heard its a dupe for Champagne pop, I don't own Champagne pop... but I don't need it because this is awesome!

Fails 

There are some products that just don't work for everyone... and I'm not going to mention too much... some of their nail polishes and shadows are hit and miss... but I'm just mentioning a couple things that are standing out to me.

Ho-Ho Hollywood Eye Palette- This was a limited edition palette that came out a long time ago... and its beautiful... but its a gel-like formula that is just really too glittery and I just can't get it to work. People like Tati and Jeffree Star have raved about the cream glitter shadows from Wet n Wild... I just can't.

Max Volume Plus Mascara- This got really bad reviews... and I don't think it was THAT awful... but it just kind of lifted and tinted my lashes without doing anything else. It wasn't even really a "natural" look because it made them look a little too spaced out

Things I've Never Tried 
I don't have any of their larger palettes. I have "Comfort Zone" but they have ones that look like dupes for the naked palettes basically... never tried any of those!  I kind of want to!

I've never tried their blushes either! None of them! I know they just reformulated them and they have all different kinds now... I'm not that into blushes and I have a lot... so I just never really gravitate towards them... although maybe next time I'm out I will... idk.

I haven't tried any of the summer LTD stuff... which seems crazy... but I couldn't find it anywhere by me!

And I've never tried their regular lipsticks... which might be my next drugstore purchase. I've tried a few, but not from the regular "903C" line.

So yeah... there's my thoughts on some Wet n Wild products! Hope this is useful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments