Palette Smackdown- Drugstore Edition: Wet n Wild Comfort Zone vs Covergirl Goldens

I have a feeling this is going to be a tough math up! In one corner with a net worth of 0.3 oz is the Wet n Wild Comfort zone Palette, a drugstore classic! And in the other corner we have a new favorite, with a net worth of .23 oz is the Covergirl Goldens palette! I'll put them on my eyes and let's see what happens!

Comfort Zone 
This palette always impresses me because it isn't really a dupe for anything, its just a nice arrangement of neutral colors for an affordable price! The Covergirl Goldens is "compared to a $50 eyeshadow palette" and this is just its own thing.

Applying the shadows was nice and easy. There aren't any matte shadows. The lid shade went on really pigmented, the shade I used in the crease and outer corner looked nice. I liked the look I got with this.

I think this is a good palette for beginners, or even if you're just getting started with wearing colors. I used to use this with a mint green liner, and I didn't use the greens in the palette... but I knew that the shades looked good with green, so I used it with a green liner. Its fun to use to play with some color.

And it lasted a long time throughout the day! I was surprised it looked pretty good before I took it off (it bothered me a little at around 5... so I took it off. I don't think it was necessarily the shadows... it happens quite often.)  You can do a lot of different looks with this and I like it a lot!

Covergirl Goldens 
Alright... this one I think is a little more pigmented. The matte shadows aren't quite as good... but sometimes you just need a tiny bit of pigment in the crease to just give a little dramatic without being overly messy. You don't need to blend this all that much because it isn't that pigmented. So I liked the easiness of this.

I did pretty much the same look I did last time. I was going to do something different but it was a nice fall look... so I just went with the same thing I usually do. Maybe I'll do some more looks with this palette soon because I do like it a lot...

I think these shadows last a long time on me too. I'm not really going to factor that into my final decision because I removed mine  little early yesterday and I might do that today too. So... that's kind of where I'm at... I think I have my decision, but I'll wait till I remove the makeup at least to make my final decision...

End of night: I did take a little nap, so this didn't last me all that long, but I still like it a lot!

Good Things About Both 
I have to say these are both versatile in their own way. I think if you need a lot of good neutral looks, you could get it easily from the Covergirl Palette. If you want a good palette with some good staple neutrals and some colors, go with the Comfort Zone. I think this is totally a "what are you looking for" type of thing... both are useful for beginners or even for people that aren't beginners. I think the Covergirl Goldens is the better fast look palette. I came up with a pretty fast look with this, didn't take long to blend or anything... its really good for something quick, easy and fool proof. Comfort Zone is a good way to introduce colors because there's sort of a visual of what colorful greens look like with neutrals, so even if you don't use the greens from that palette, you know that the greens kind of go with the shadows.

Also cost is a big thing. Covergirl goes on sale a lot... but the palette is a little bit pricey. Wet n Wild is not pricey and it goes on sale often too. I posted the net worth before, wet n wild has a little more product too. Both have 8 pans though... and they work well across the board. Wet n Wild has sort of a tutorial in it... but that isn't what I usually use for a guide to do looks... so keep that in mind too.


And the winner is... 
COVERGIRL GOLDENS! 
I had to give it too the Goldens because the shadows were a lot easier to work with, and I think they would have stayed on longer had I not taken the nap. It is less product and it is a lot pricier... but covergirl goes on sale a lot, chances are if you're savvy you can stack coupons with it. And I think you really are getting quality for the price... and I'm just happier with the looks from this than the Comfort Zone Palette.

So so far this Goldens palette is reigning champ... this is its 2nd win. Next palette smackdown it will face... The Milani Bare Necessities Palette! I have a feeling I can predict the outcome of this one... but let's still give it a fair shot!

Byeee! Hope this helped you!
-Shannon

Comments