Current Nighttime Skincare Routine

I'm trying to get into a routine... its similar to my old skincare routine... which I have on here somewhere... but I've added some things, moved some things around... only do some things some days... but I figured I'd give you what I'm doing now at least and kind of why I'm doing it.

I don't like changing up my skincare routine that much... but lately I've been really wanting to make sure I get off all my eye makeup without harming my eyes because I do get eye infections a lot and my eyes are sensitive... so I try to be as good with that as I can. I don't really do anything anti-aging yet... I'm 24 and I have a young face... so I'm just banking on that for now to be completely honest. There are eye creams I've tried and liked... a lot of them are kind of gimmicky and you can't really tell if its working or not so I don't do that. If you follow Nikki6543 on periscope...she's gone into a lot of detail on the Korean Beauty routine and I see why that works in the order it works in... so I kind of try to follow that... but I don't do all the same steps probably... and I don't totally remember how it all works... so maybe I'm just doing it in the order I think... but I've been doing this for the better part of a week or 2 now... so you can tell I've put time into this... just kidding!

First I remove my mascara and I use the Too Faced Mascara Melt Off. I don't always use that... but I used it tonight and I like it so I want to go back to using it some more.

Next i use an exfoliating round wash cloth thing. It has one end that is just a wash cloth and one end that is more exfoliating and I wet that and use no tears baby head to toe wash for my eye makeup. This is a useful step without eye makeup too, just in case something got in your eye or somethin like that. I'm not saying I do that... but you should. Lol. I use the non-exfoliating side for this one because I don't need to exfoliate my eyeballs.

And then I take a different one of those wash cloths (they come in packs of 3s) and use a micellar water to remove any more makeup from my face. I didn't used to do this step because my cleanser is very good at removing makeup... but when I added this step I felt my skin was a little clearer and better. Idk if the cleanser doesn't cleanse as well if you don't have all your makeup off before or whatever... I just think this is useful basically so I do it. I use the Simple Micellar Water.

Then I cleanse and I love the Purity Cleanser. I use another one of those handy washcloths... usually I just use the same I used for the Baby Shampoo, I just make sure to clean it off nicely before using it. Tonight I used the Exfoliating side and then the other side... and I liked that. I thought that worked really well.

Then I use toner... which I didn't do until a little while ago. I usually wait a while between steps so that it isn't all at once. The toner I use is a little strong and I didn't know how it would react to my sensitive skin... but it works pretty well. It is the Tea Tree Toner from The Body Shop... again I use another one of those washcloths. They just work really well! I love them!

Then I'll do a mask or something if I have one I want to do. If I exfoliate I usually do that right after cleansing... I feel like this isn't the order its supposed to go in... but thats just what I've been doing. I have some Freeman Masks and I just finished my Origins Charcoal Mask so... I don't have too many masks at the moment, but I like them!

Before I go to bed I moisturize with my Elf Night Cream and/or my Tarte Maricuja Oil... if I really feel like it I do the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask... I haven't felt like I needed that lately... but its good if you like it!

Another couple of things I like to do maybe are the Elf Zit Zapper... which I just apply as needed when needed or use a good lip balm. Otherwise that is it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments